Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

La marquesa golf course

La marquesa golf course

Postby George » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Can anyone tell me if the golf course is open as there online booking system won’t let me book anything
George

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo quesada

Re: La marquesa golf course

Postby iant » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:51 am

It is partially open. They are trying to keep 9 holes open all the time whilst the Gota fria repairs and the remodelling is being carried out. Envisaged it will be February before it is completed. I do not think they are taking bookings just now but giving priority to members. You could try ringing them. The storm today might just undo all the work they are doing. Bit of a mess just now so I would not pay to play it at the moment.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 am

They had planned a tournament there next Saturday, but that has been rescheduled to February 1at.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:45 am

February 1st? What year? :D
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rodt » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:07 pm

2025, at the rate they are working it will be a miracle if it's done by then :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Dave c » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Overpriced got an average golf course.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby iant » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm

I think you are being a bit negative. They have masses of contractors in doing the work. Just look at how much of that mountain they have moved in 10 days. I think the improvements will deliver a good quality course by February. As for Dave C saying it is overpriced it has been consistently amongst the cheapest in the area although I agree with him that in the past it has been average. Why are people so negative when La Marquesa is trying to improve not only the actual course but its surroundings.
iant

Postby Black » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm not a golfer but have to agree, there has been a huge amount of work going on lately. I just wish the house builders opposite me were half as motivated and productive.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Ronnie112 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:03 pm

iant wrote:I think you are being a bit negative. They have masses of contractors in doing the work. Just look at how much of that mountain they have moved in 10 days. I think the improvements will deliver a good quality course by February. As for Dave C saying it is overpriced it has been consistently amongst the cheapest in the area although I agree with him that in the past it has been average. Why are people so negative when La Marquesa is trying to improve not only the actual course but its surroundings.

If you are a golfer this is probably one of the most boring courses to play in the surrounding area ok they are trying to make improvements but it'll always be a boring course to play to many up and down again holes on the course with no caricature.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby iant » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 pm

I think you meant character and whilst I agree the current course is limited, the new layout is a massive improvement. If you are local take the time to review the new layout in the foyer of La Marquesa. It has everything a golfer wants. Challenging layout undulating greens Island greens dog legs etc etc.. If you go round the new course in par then you deserve to celebrate. All I am saying is give them a chance without trashing the work they are doing. There seems to be a hate Marquesa feel going on. I could name a few courses I would not play around here but what is the point of complaining best not play them and play the good ones. My personal favorites are Lo Romero and Los Collinos .
iant

Next