Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Shower water heater

Re: Shower water heater

Postby djw » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am

Our 50lt electric water heater packed up when it fell off the wall! Yep it did due to poor installation on insulated walls. We looked into all possibilities and I would have liked an 80 lt installed in its place so when we had guests there would be no waiting. In the end we bought an ariston evo plus and had an expert fit it. It is a 50lt and is perfectly fine for 2 of us, when we have guests we take it out of its eco mode and heat it up a bit hotter. We are very happy with it and in eco mode monitors daily use and doesn't heat up when its not likely to be used. It also lets you know when it has enough hot water to have a quick shower. It is also flatter than those bulky ones. It maybe worth a look they sell them in leroy merlin and on a 15% off day would be a good buy.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby blingle » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Might you just need a new water heater?

Mine was an old one and had seriously furred up inside. I was struggling to get 1 warm shower out of a 70l heater.

Had it changed to a new one (80l)...heats for just 4 hours a day, between 4am and 8am (Iberdrola night time tariff, so half-price electricity), and it's fine and hot for at least 4 showers...2 in the morning, and 2 in the evening.

That seems fine to me!

We have had a family of 6 at our place, and they were OK with the water time set the same as we have it. No problems at all.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby TonTri » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Might be an idea Blingle, although we bought the apartment almost 3 years ago and the heater was only a year or two old at the time, so I don't think it's age. Maybe a more efficient boiler as djw suggests is the way to go. I just thought it would be a lot simpler to have an instantaneous hot water supply for a shower day and night but it doesn't look like it's going to be feasible.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby A.N.Other » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:38 am

Adey wrote:I owned a solar company for 10 years and never installed or seen an apartment with solar hot water.
'Apartment' covers a panoply of possibilities so just because you've never personally seen or done it doesn't make it impossible.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby jpeg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 am

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby TonTri » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am

No good unfortunately jpeg, the lowest kilowatt rating they do is 7.5 kW which will blow my electrics.
TonTri

Postby jpeg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:08 am

It will not if you have the MCB fuse uprated Give these a ring http://www.sparksinspain.es/
jpeg

Postby TonTri » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:54 am

Surely then I have to increase my contracted power which will increase my monthly bills?
TonTri

Postby jpeg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Have a word with sparksinspain you do not have to change your contracted KW
jpeg

Postby TonTri » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Ok jpeg, will do and many thanks.
TonTri