Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Sabadell charges

New Sabadell charges

Postby Ron Hill » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:03 am

Saw this message below on another forum and thought it worthy of a copy

Warning for Sabadell bank Expansion account customers. They will be charging 5 Euros per month maintenance from 1/12/2019 with the first payment being taken in March 2020. Went to our branch this morning to confirm this. We were told charges will apply unless you have their insurance or an investment (equities) account with them. A normal deposit account will not do.
According to our branch,customers should have been notified by email of the changes but we have received no information and only happened to see the info on another forum. Have spoken to other customers and they have received no information either.
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Re: New Sabadell charges

Postby Paul58 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am

Why not just open one of these...... https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satelli ... 843962/en/ ....€9 per quarter and no need for any regular payments, expensive insurance or investments.

If you're non resident I would recommend the N26 bank (https://n26.com/en-es/). We got fed up of paying Sabadell €140 per year just to pay our direct debits. Early days but we're very happy with them so far. :)
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Juanita » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 pm

I will believe the above when I receive notification from Sabadell.
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby mark&denise » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:44 am

Not received anything but have their insurance which is very good
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Manuman55 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:58 am

If you're non resident I would recommend the N26 bank (https://n26.com/en-es/). We got fed up of paying Sabadell €140 per year just to pay our direct debits. Early days but we're very happy with them so far. :)[/quote]

How much are the bank charges at N26?
Manuman55

Postby daz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:04 am

Surely you realise there are other banks out there that although may have minimal charges for odd things here and there, don’t charge a penny for standard banking, resident or non resident.
Maybe it’s worth you taking a visit to a couple of different ones instead of trying to find the least expensive account at just one of them. Search these forums, or visit a couple of different ones in person, to find out.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:28 am

The thing is no bank is a charity
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul58 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Manuman55 wrote:If you're non resident I would recommend the N26 bank (https://n26.com/en-es/). We got fed up of paying Sabadell €140 per year just to pay our direct debits. Early days but we're very happy with them so far. :)

How much are the bank charges at N26?[/quote]

€0..... However you're only allowed 5 fee free ATM withdrawals a month. We use a UK Santander account for fee free cash withdrawals.

We top up the N26 account using Transfer wise.
Paul58

Postby Paulr » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Juanita wrote:I will believe the above when I receive notification from Sabadell.

Then you won't hear anything until they take the first Eu 15 from your bank account in March 2020.

You can find their legal notice, advising of the introduction of this fee, by logging into your online banking and from the drop-down menu alongside your name, select "Messages" - from memory, it's dated early October 2019, but in any event, it will probably be the most recent message.

For people who have a pension paid monthly DIRECT into their Spanish account, they are exempt from the new fee.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Audbro » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 pm

The basic account in the sabadell link above.
Is it available to non residents? I am fed up paying €35 every quarter just to pay direct debits. This basic account would serve the purpose I think and cheaper at €9 every quarter. Advice is greatly appreciated.
Audbro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next