Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bespoke Pool Cover Cost?

Bespoke Pool Cover Cost?

Postby Paulwilko10 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Hiya

We come out regularly for long weekends but now the pool is to cool to use really.
So it got me thinking about the possibility of a cover.
Anyone have any idea how much a bespoke cover would be for an 8 x 4, sort of kidney shaped?
I don't really want the rolling bit if i can help it as i think they are pretty ugly sat there.

In reality, how useful are the covers and do they make pools useable even during the cooler months?

Thanks

Paul
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Re: Bespoke Pool Cover Cost?

Postby Steveevans » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi ,
I recently bought a pool cover measuring approx 11 square metres for a small pool about 12x9 ft with an awkward shape,
It cost about 170 euros from a pool shop just by the bmw garage on the way to Torrevieja from Quesada.
This was for a 700 micron thickness which works really good for holding in the heat overnight from our pool heater.
I wanted to cut it myself to shape which does take some time to get it right.
The cover looks similar to a bubble wrap and is designed to heat the water a bit in the sunshine .
Steve
Steveevans

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Steveevans wrote:Hi ,
I recently bought a pool cover measuring approx 11 square metres for a small pool about 12x9 ft with an awkward shape,
It cost about 170 euros from a pool shop just by the bmw garage on the way to Torrevieja from Quesada.
This was for a 700 micron thickness which works really good for holding in the heat overnight from our pool heater.
I wanted to cut it myself to shape which does take some time to get it right.
The cover looks similar to a bubble wrap and is designed to heat the water a bit in the sunshine .
Steve

Thank you

That's another thing i have considered, a pool heater.
Seems silly if we are using electricity for a pool all year only to use it 6 months of the year.

Are they expensive to run?

Thanks
Paul
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Postby Steveevans » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:08 pm

Depends on what unit you buy , cheaper ones use more electric and are noisier. We set to automatically come on when the water temp drops below what we find comfortable which will happen in the colder evenings.
Steveevans

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales