Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

JR’s Country Club

Re: JR’s Country Club

Postby kathyl » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Apparently someone has cleared off with all the money, wages, suppliers money, electricity etc, deposits for Xmas/NY meals. Don't know if this is true but its not the 1st time
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Ronnie112 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Zambra wrote:
Rodt wrote:This is such a pity, Maggs & Kevin are real workers & the nicest family you could ever meet, they helped us no end when we first came to Spain, I think this is all down to a greedy landlord & extortionate rent now the property is empty whose the winner now? Answer nobody, such a shame. :cry:

If they are such nice people perhaps they will return our Christmas Day and New year money that took from us only a couple of weeks before thay did a runner ! Pass that on..

Good luck with getting your money back I wouldn't hold my breath.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby camionpilot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm

The marocs were in there in force last week ,the only thing left inside is the pool table , all kitchen equipment removed !!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Quesada Kim wrote:I’m giggling at some of these replies about pensioners hugging their drinks, but it’s true, and the same can be said for all ages. There does seem to be an air of entitlement whereby they think it’s totally acceptable to rock up and take all the entertainment for free, without paying their way.

Yes, the common conception is that entitlement is the preserve of the young but, they must have observed and learned it from someone. A grandparent?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:44 pm

I really sympathise with people who have been ripped off for their money for xmas and new year, it is disgusting. I know not the same as such, but when we lived in England we were sold double glazing by the manager of a well known company in our area paid our deposit and the next day went under, must have known. Disgusting,
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Red Rock » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:51 pm

apparently the person who posted about unpaid utility bills was spot on however there was also another problem as well (allegedly) which made it inevitable
Red Rock

Postby Lavender » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 am

I feel sorry for the people who have lost money on their Christmas meals, but please spare a thought for the staff who were left high and dry, with no wages, no job and the devastating task of trying to find employment at this time of year when there is little or no jobs available at the moment. My son being one of them!!!
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Red Rock » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:50 pm

anyone been able to make other arrangements for Christmas/NY?

I saw a sign in Halfway saying SOLD OUT and I hear the The Club has been full for some time
Red Rock

Postby marcliff » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:37 pm

I can't remember the name of the new (ish) restaurant in town but it's where the old estate agency used to be next to Oscar's on the ramp. It had a Christmas menu advertised outside for a very reasonable price and bookings were being taken.
On the block between Santander bank and the chemist.
I was thinking of booking a table as we have daughter, SiL and two grandkids (18 and 14) coming over next week for Christmas but we've already order the turkey from Gama. Might have save some hassle. Would certainly only have been about half the price others are charging.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby nannyabroad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:43 pm

The Paprika previously Rose and Stein are open on the front with their Christmas menu. We have supported them since they first opened, used to be next to Gamas now Smart shop, but have moved next to Barcelos excellent.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

PreviousNext