Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

JR’s Country Club

Re: JR’s Country Club

Postby camionpilot » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Think the rumour is that they have legged it to Ireland ..!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby 1foot4ward » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:20 pm

If the business was in so much debt it does matter whether owner has run or not, any deposits / outstanding wages / bills all go into the creditors pot... can’t see any money being available to get even a cent in the euro anyway...

I’m sure the owner has lost a fortune & all their life savings, so if they escaped with a few hundred euros rather than putting it into the bank pot you can’t really blame them?

It’s very hard to make a bar / restaurant business work in Spain & needs a huge amount of hard work, long hours & a bit of luck along the way!
1foot4ward

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby polop » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:43 pm

1foot4ward wrote:If the business was in so much debt it does matter whether owner has run or not, any deposits / outstanding wages / bills all go into the creditors pot... can’t see any money being available to get even a cent in the euro anyway...

I’m sure the owner has lost a fortune & all their life savings, so if they escaped with a few hundred euros rather than putting it into the bank pot you can’t really blame them?

It’s very hard to make a bar / restaurant business work in Spain & needs a huge amount of hard work, long hours & a bit of luck along the way!

So what you are saying is, business not successful so run off with other people's money, don't think that is a great idea, no matter how much money the owner invested it does not give them the right to steal...and yes you can BLAME them.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby 1foot4ward » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I don’t mean to be rude, but the point is, nobody would have got their money back anyway as they would have been so far down the creditors list... it’s same with any business failure... a business failure is not the same as barman running off with the charity tin, all debts go into the creditor list & assets are then distributed... when debt is more than assets, it would be split, first by any creditor with security on said assets (maybe kitchen supplier or brewery), any remaining assets would be split at equal amount to debt... so very unlikely anything would be left!

I don’t believe they knew the business would fail when they took the small Xmas deposits & I’m sure they’ve lost a lot more themselves... but if you want to take the moral high ground, feel free!
1foot4ward

Postby polop » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:28 pm

((I’m sure the owner has lost a fortune & all their life savings, so if they escaped with a few hundred euros rather than putting it into the bank pot you can’t really blame them?))

It's not the moral high ground it's just been honest..but obviously you think differently
polop

Postby 1foot4ward » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:56 pm

I do, I’m not sure if you have run businesses which have got into trouble, but it’s a hugely stressful time, particularly if you’re left with nothing & have kids to feed.

All I’m saying is, it’s not as simple as someone stealing, or running off with other peoples money, yes, in reality IF they did take some cash & didn’t leave it to the bank to process in the winding up petition, that’s not technically right, but we don’t know the full facts so not fair to judge IMHO
1foot4ward

Postby polop » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:10 pm

1foot4ward wrote:I do, I’m not sure if you have run businesses which have got into trouble, but it’s a hugely stressful time, particularly if you’re left with nothing & have kids to feed.

All I’m saying is, it’s not as simple as someone stealing, or running off with other peoples money, yes, in reality IF they did take some cash & didn’t leave it to the bank to process in the winding up petition, that’s not technically right, but we don’t know the full facts so not fair to judge IMHO

I have been in business over 30 years and certainly been through hard times and recessions,and when your self employed running a business it can be exceptionally hard and you may fail, but my point is as many have said here to take any money literally days before closing and running off is stealing no excuse whatsoever.sorry if you disagree but we all have different views.
polop

Postby The Rower » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:39 pm

polop wrote:
1foot4ward wrote:I do, I’m not sure if you have run businesses which have got into trouble, but it’s a hugely stressful time, particularly if you’re left with nothing & have kids to feed.

I have been in business over 30 years and certainly been through hard times and recessions,and when your self employed running a business it can be exceptionally hard and you may fail, but my point is as many have said here to take any money literally days before closing and running off is stealing no excuse whatsoever.sorry if you disagree but we all have different views.

The Rower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Mickey Braw » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:48 pm

It’s one thing to knock the taxman or suppliers who themselves have a better understanding of how a business is performing, by their payment record. They take their choice to continue supplying,
When you open faced take deposits from the ordinary Mr, Mrs and family, knowing full well that their Christmas could be at stake because you cannot fill your commitment to them, that makes you one thing, a scumbag!!!
Mickey Braw

Postby Elpando » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:05 pm

People can try and vindicate these people and their actions, but at the end of the day, it doesn't sound like it was a "spur of the moment" decision to have it away on their toes. They have knowingly taken money with deception. I feel so sorry for all those innocent people affected.
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

PreviousNext