Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

JR’s Country Club

Re: JR’s Country Club

Postby 1foot4ward » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:45 pm

I’m sure you’re right, they gave up their life savings & lost everything just so they could run off with a few hundred euros from the Xmas dinner deposits....

Be sensible, when you’re trying to keep afloat & fighting every single day for your business you have no sense of when the world will cave in... you have to believe you can trade your way out of it...

Anyway, people will take a view on it either way... but calling someone a scumbag just because they tried to make a business work is a little harsh IMHO
1foot4ward

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby polop » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:26 pm

1foot4ward wrote:I’m sure you’re right, they gave up their life savings & lost everything just so they could run off with a few hundred euros from the Xmas dinner deposits....

Be sensible, when you’re trying to keep afloat & fighting every single day for your business you have no sense of when the world will cave in... you have to believe you can trade your way out of it...

Anyway, people will take a view on it either way... but calling someone a scumbag just because they tried to make a business work is a little harsh IMHO

You still don't seem to be able to grasp that taking money no matter how small from someone for a service you are not able to provide is theft. Also you seem to know they spent all their life savings? DID THEY?
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Mickey Braw » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:27 pm

If you are any sort of a business person, you know full well when you have passed the point of no return.
It is outrageous to take money from ordinary people a very few weeks before you do the off.
Mickey Braw

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:19 am

1foot4ward wrote:If the business was in so much debt it does matter whether owner has run or not, any deposits / outstanding wages / bills all go into the creditors pot... can’t see any money being available to get even a cent in the euro anyway...

I’m sure the owner has lost a fortune & all their life savings, so if they escaped with a few hundred euros rather than putting it into the bank pot you can’t really blame them?

It’s very hard to make a bar / restaurant business work in Spain & needs a huge amount of hard work, long hours & a bit of luck along the way!
,Prehaps they didn't know it involved hard work , if the owner has lost a fortune or life savings that's there risk at going into business,not some people banking on a xmas dinner having paid there deposit £200 is a lot of money,i wonder how many they ripped off ,say 50 people @ £50 a head ,that's a lot , and you say you cant blame them ,they must of known what they were doing, anyone with a tad of business sense would know whats coming in and whats going out ,if the 2 don't tally,and show a profit, say no more...……….
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:23 am

Mickey Braw wrote:It’s one thing to knock the taxman or suppliers who themselves have a better understanding of how a business is performing, by their payment record. They take their choice to continue supplying,
When you open faced take deposits from the ordinary Mr, Mrs and family, knowing full well that their Christmas could be at stake because you cannot fill your commitment to them, that makes you one thing, a scumbag!!!
…...too true mickey!
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Shiva » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:10 pm

As 1foot4ward says, noone knows all the circumstances and can only speculate on the management's thinking. They may have been behaving like ostriches rather than deliberately behaving badly. They won't have come out of it well themselves. Sympathies to those who lost money ( and especially those who ended up with unpaid wages...). For several weeks before the closure there was a big sign saying they would only accept cash payments, which made me wonder if the business was in trouble because that sort of sign for more than a day or two is rarely a positive signal. Sadly it clearly WAS in trouble. Seeing such a sign elsewhere in the future would definitely now make me think twice before paying a deposit for services etc from any business displaying it.
Shiva

Postby tillytrotter » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:12 pm

We lost Our a Christmas money to these thieves, when she took the final payment off me she must have known they were going to leg it, sorry scumbags they are and a few other things in my opinion.
tillytrotter

Postby dennisthemenace » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 am

this was done for maximum effect the timing collect all monies and go,if they were honourable people they would have waited till after xmas and honoured the meals.
dennisthemenace

Which part of Spain are you from?: la finca algorfa

Postby kathyl » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:17 pm

We did see Kevin and a couple of the waitresses in Jollies on NY eve. They didn't stay long. So he is still about
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Rodt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Really kathyl
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

PreviousNext