Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

HIDRAQUA REFUND FOR WATER LEAK

HIDRAQUA REFUND FOR WATER LEAK

Postby Titch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 am

Has anyone reading this ever had to submit a claim to Hidraqua for help with the cost of an excessive water bill after a water leak? I submitted my claim towards end of September and, when I've been to the Hidraqua office in Rojales to find out how my claim is proceeding, they tell me the claim goes from their office to the Ayuntamiento and I need to be patient. Has anyone else experienced this situation , and if so maybe they could give me some ideal how long I should expect to wait?
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: HIDRAQUA REFUND FOR WATER LEAK

Postby Lucyloo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:27 pm

We had the same problem last November, was told the same as you it has to go to the Ayuntamiento , which it does and it took 5 months to get the refund .
Lucyloo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby polop » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:09 pm

It is a few years ago, but we had a leak and received a bill for €400 euro roughly and we went to the office in Almoradi and they then reduced the bill immediately by 50%, but this was 6/7 years ago.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Titch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Thank you for your replies.
Titch

Postby Jean Steel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 pm

We had a 3k water bill last December, have been waiting since January regarding a discount. Been into Hidraqua several times to enquire on progress but not heard yet, Bill still unpaid.
Jean Steel

Postby Richards1234 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:28 am

We had a water leak and cost us 3500 euros this was over a year ago they have still not paid us any money
Richards1234

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Titch » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 am

That’s shocking. The annoying thing is we’ve done nothing wrong but have to cough up €000s and grin and bear it. All I can do is keep going into the office. The squeaky wheel gets the oil?
Titch

Postby MartinWood » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:40 am

We had two water leaks in July. 1 in the garden and 1 under the sink in the kitchen. They were coming from two split pipes that our Insurance covered (cost €1,000). Our water bill for Q3 was 4 times normal so we asked our Insurers if they would contribute and they did pay three quarters of the Hidraqua bill which was about €250. The moral of the story is that you might want to try your buildings and contents insurers if Hydraqua don't want to help with the cost. We use Generali near the arches and can't fault them. Mind you our premium will probably go up when it needs renewal.
MartinWood

Postby dragonlyn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:03 am

One other thing...we had a leak last year which thank the Lord I spotted. We now check our meter every day and take a note of the reading. I know it sounds a bit excessive but when you hear of the bills people are getting it makes your hair stand on end. We had two earth tremors in the night and that must have an effect on underground pipes too! Our Spanish neighbour told us recently if you get a professional to repair the leak show that bill to the Water Company and you should get 50 per cent off your bill, but not sure whether this is absolutely correct.
dragonlyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Ginger » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:41 pm

If the leaked water has registered on your bill it has gone through the meter and is your responsibility. Water leaks that do not affect your bill are the responsibility if the water supplier. We had to claim for our leak on household insurance, they paid a percentage of our water bill.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Next