Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car hire

Re: Car hire

Postby TonTri » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 pm

PGA wrote:Problem with using a broker like do you Spain is that you then have to pay a fuel service charge even if you return the car full. Go direct and you don’t.

I tend to use either Centauro or OK. Both I’ve found to be decent.

Annual excess insurance each year saves a fortune. Check car for scratches and dents and mark them down, don’t listen to scare tactics if you have excess insurance anyway. Check central locking with the key as well as the fob, check jack in the boot with the spare. Jobs a goodun.

I've never found that with Firefly. If I have full to full hire, I just show the petrol receipt when I hand the car back and they check the name of the garage to make sure it is less than 10km from the airport. I don't get a fuel service charge on top.

However, like Mac3Blade I've now bought a little old runabout so don't need to hire a car.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Karen& Ceri » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 pm

I have used Record 2-3 times a year for last 16 years and occasionally others at Airport. I have been through a broker and used their insurance on Do You Spain and you still get hassle as it is not the company insurance. Originally you could get away with your own insurance for years and rent very cheaply however times have changed and all the companies are looking for any excuse to charge you if you do not have their insurance. Most companies totally ignore the fact you have your own insurance and go over the car to find any little scratch which was probably alredy there anyway. I know it gives you peace of mind for your own insurance but it is the hassle of claiming and having to check car over usually in a dark garage that we want to avoid. We have had issues with Record too but my understanding is they are mostly all the same and if you check their reviews none of them are good unless you have their insurance so you need to look for the best value. What I have found the last few years is that if you take out the company full Insurance and with the very low rental work out your daily rate it is usually very reasonable. You can no longer expect to hire a car for next to nothing as the saying goes you don't get anything free in this world. I have registered as member and used the online 'Just Go' with record last 2 years with good discounts and usually pay 15 euros or less per day ( obviously peak times are more expensive)and I have had very good almost new vehicles and no hassle when you drop off as you can forget the examining of the car. My fuel is also reimbursed within days. Hope this helps.
Karen& Ceri

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Postby Dave c » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Cheaper to buy a car if you come over regularly.
Dave c

Postby cornelius » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm

No Hassle Car-Hire...contact Owen.
cornelius

Postby Carlton » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Anyone used Coys rent a car in Torrevieja please let me know.
Carlton

Postby Half-full » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:00 pm

We have used Coys several times for many years and we have also used two other companies.
I would recommend all three.

https://www.coysrent-a-car.com/

https://www.easyoption.com/

http://www.aeroautos.es/eng/index.php

With Coys, if you wish you can pay an extra €3 per day for full cover (and peace of mind) no deposit required. You can pay cash if you want without a credit card.
We have also used the other two many times and never had any problems with any of the three above.

All will meet you at the airport and you leave the car back close to the spot where you pick it up.
Half-full

Postby bryancycling » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 pm

We visit 5/6 times a year & always use Europcar from Alicante Airport. Possibly not the cheapest but we've never had an issue with collection or on return, & as reqular users we usually get an upgrade. We book in advance via the EasyJet website as its actually cheaper than the Europcar website, we book full to full but have found if we fill up at Quesada & drive economically then we can get to airport & fuel gauge still shows full. Regards additional insurance, as others have mentioned, we have an annual Hire Car insurance policy purchased in UK so never took out additional insurance in Spain.
As a comparison a friend of mine booked a 7 seater plus insurance with another known rental company for 800 Euros/week, we booked an estate car as we needed some large items from Leroy Merlin, was upgraded to a 7 seater, for less than 200 Euros/week.
bryancycling

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Sky is Blue » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 am

Agree about no hassle car hire. Owen collected us from the airport which was included in the hire fee. Also a return transfer. All we need is a run about, nothing fancy. Nothing extra on top either.
Sky is Blue

Previous