Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car hire

Car hire

Postby Carlton » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi everyone.
We are over again in February and would like to hire a car from a reputable hire company that you can pick up and drop off again at the airport. Insurance include if possible.
Would appreciate any helpful feedback. Thanks agai to you all.
Carlton

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car hire

Postby ScottCummings » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 pm

We always use Centauro after bad experiences with record go and gold car. Pretty well priced and quick pickup/drop off. Cars are usually in good shape and their car pickup is on the bottom floor of multi story so easy to get in and out. We buy an annual car insurance policy so don’t take out their insurance.
ScottCummings

Postby jpeg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Plenty of small but good reliable car hire companies in Quesada
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby TonTri » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm

I've always found going through doyouspain.com to be the cheapest and most reliable. But only choose a car from Centauro or Firefly, the others have very bad reviews. If you uncheck the box on the left under all car companies and just tick against Firefly and Centauro it will weed out all the others. Personally I've only ever used Firefly over the last years and never had a problem, but Centauro also gets good reviews.

Like the poster above I take out annual hire car excess cover. Go through Moneysavingexpert to get the best deals.
TonTri

Postby Black » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Record Go are a bunch of crooks. I have had good experience with Centauro.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Calledali » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Try Magnum Car rentals, based inAlgorfa but a great simple airport service. Can be found on internet.
Very well price ainsurance included.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Ron Hill » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:55 am

Whoever you hire from it’s important to check the car for scratches etc when you collect it preferably with a rep from the company. Also take pics all round when you collect and return the car in case they claim on your credit card for damage after you have gone back to UK
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby PGA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 am

TonTri wrote:I've always found going through doyouspain.com to be the cheapest and most reliable. But only choose a car from Centauro or Firefly, the others have very bad reviews. If you uncheck the box on the left under all car companies and just tick against Firefly and Centauro it will weed out all the others. Personally I've only ever used Firefly over the last years and never had a problem, but Centauro also gets good reviews.

Like the poster above I take out annual hire car excess cover. Go through Moneysavingexpert to get the best deals.

Problem with using a broker like do you Spain is that you then have to pay a fuel service charge even if you return the car full. Go direct and you don’t.

I tend to use either Centauro or OK. Both I’ve found to be decent.

Annual excess insurance each year saves a fortune. Check car for scratches and dents and mark them down, don’t listen to scare tactics if you have excess insurance anyway. Check central locking with the key as well as the fob, check jack in the boot with the spare. Jobs a goodun.
PGA

Postby John 03140 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:03 am

I always take a picture of mileage on collection and on return with an image of fill up fuel receipt if it's full/full deal. Not only check for external damage, also check for underside damage before and take photos and insist on it being recorded. Make sure the car includes vests, warning triangles etc. Okay, for most this is all obvious but a useful check list.
John 03140

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:21 am

During the winter, the hire charges are much more affordable. My honest advice is to pay the extra for their insurance and you won’t have to bother checking for dents or scratches. As well, you can drop the car off without inspection.
We don’t hire anymore but agree that Centaura are reputable.
I believe we did hire directly from Record which allowed us to jump the queue at the desk. We always paid for the full insurance which allowed for peace of mind.
Do you spain...don’t be tempted to buy their insurance as it carries no weight with the car hire companies as they want to sell their own.
Please update us and let us know what you decide to do.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Next