Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

House Deeds, when did you get yours?

Re: House Deeds, when did you get yours?

Postby jpeg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 am

Depends if there is any bank interest like a mortgage or loan then they are held by the registry until the interest is settled and you pay a fee to the party concerned.
A good solictitor should explain all this to you and you do not need a solicitor to apply for a Touristic rental Licence it is very easy to do yourself but at the moment they are taking up to a year to be completed

Look here for guidance https://www.spanishsolutions.net/blog/n ... community/
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

jpeg wrote:Depends if there is any bank interest like a mortgage or loan then they are held by the registry until the interest is settled and you pay a fee to the party concerned.
A good solictitor should explain all this to you and you do not need a solicitor to apply for a Touristic rental Licence it is very easy to do yourself but at the moment they are taking up to a year to be completed

Look here for guidance https://www.spanishsolutions.net/blog/n ... community/

You were right, we do have that Escritura!

No mortgage or loans from our end but there was with the sellers, could that hold things up?

To apply for the license, i do need the deeds though?

Thanks for your help
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:50 am

No you don't need your deeds but you do need a SUMA bill which has all your details on it and a Habitacion Certificate. I think the process is Notary sends all the signed paperwork to the Registry within 15 days of signing. Registry then sends to Catastral Office where you are registered for your rateable valuation. It is here you can check out properties to see if there are any debts registered against the property and get a Nota Simple. For Torrevieja this is the link
https://www.registrolegal.es/catastro/torrevieja

The good thing about Spain is that you can never lose your deeds as all originals are held in the Central Registry so you can get as many copies as you wish. What you do need if you are using them for anything is an up-to-date Nota Simple to verify you still own the property.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 am

Bee wrote:No you don't need your deeds but you do need a SUMA bill which has all your details on it and a Habitacion Certificate. I think the process is Notary sends all the signed paperwork to the Registry within 15 days of signing. Registry then sends to Catastral Office where you are registered for your rateable valuation. It is here you can check out properties to see if there are any debts registered against the property and get a Nota Simple. For Torrevieja this is the link
https://www.registrolegal.es/catastro/torrevieja

The good thing about Spain is that you can never lose your deeds as all originals are held in the Central Registry so you can get as many copies as you wish. What you do need if you are using them for anything is an up-to-date Nota Simple to verify you still own the property.

Bee

Thank you

I wonder why the solicitor is not going ahead with the application then!!

I will have to ask again
Paulwilko10

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:23 am

Did you get a Municipal rates bill/IBI this September. The norm is that whoever is the registered owner of the property on 1st January is liable for the rates on the property. As you bought in June you probably didn't receive what people call a SUMA bill. These are issued yearly around September. SUMA are the collecting agency used by the Town Halls in Alicante Province to collect the rates. You can ring SUMA yourself and check out if you are registered with them i.e if the Catastral Office has sent all the details to them with your catastral number and valuation. http://Www.suma.es They have a service through English and are a very helpful office to deal with. Perhaps your solicitor is waiting for this information.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 am

Bee wrote:Did you get a Municipal rates bill/IBI this September. The norm is that whoever is the registered owner of the property on 1st January is liable for the rates on the property. As you bought in June you probably didn't receive what people call a SUMA bill. These are issued yearly around September. SUMA are the collecting agency used by the Town Halls in Alicante Province to collect the rates. You can ring SUMA yourself and check out if you are registered with them i.e if the Catastral Office has sent all the details to them with your catastral number and valuation. http://Www.suma.es They have a service through English and are a very helpful office to deal with. Perhaps your solicitor is waiting for this information.

Bee

I will have to check

I have asked the solicitor for all information due to me being 100% confused lol

I am sure we have not had a SUMA bill though

Thanks

Paul
Paulwilko10

Postby Paulr » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:18 pm

It took 6 months to get our Deeds. The previous owners had extended the property and whilst they had the relevant permissions from the Town Hall, the Land Registry and, therefore, the Deeds, had never been updated - a lengthy process! Gotta love Spanish bureaucracy...... :lol:
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Paulr wrote:It took 6 months to get our Deeds. The previous owners had extended the property and whilst they had the relevant permissions from the Town Hall, the Land Registry and, therefore, the Deeds, had never been updated - a lengthy process! Gotta love Spanish bureaucracy...... :lol:

Yeah, that could be our issue. They had a pool installed
Paulwilko10

Postby Ginger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Deeds are stored in Madrid, solicitors, not notaries, can request copies or have them updated. At the time if completion, or shortly afterwards, you will receive an Escriura, this is the document you keep in a safe place. When going through formalities in Spain a Nota Simple will be requested, an example is applying fir your Padron at the Town Hall, this us the first two pages of the Escrituea. As someone has already stated, the person living or owning the property on the 1st January us liable for the rates fir that year, called the SUMA.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Due to having our fingers burnt on our first property, we took out a small mortgage on the one we have now so that the bank would carry out more diligent checks. When we paid the mortgage off, the bank gave us our original deeds there and then.

The notary who completed the property purchase will have a copy of the deeds and can supply a notarised copy on request. We had to do this on our first property after much hassle with the builders and their agents.

The "council tax" is not called SUMA. SUMA is the name of the agency responsible for collecting municipal taxes in the Alicante province (other provinces have a different collection agency,) and this is the IBI (Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles).
SUMA also collects the rubbish tax, IVTM (road tax) and other taxes which go to the municipality.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext