Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool

Pool

Postby Janetg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Looking for a bit of advise , if we covered our pool over winter and didn’t maintain/ clean etc is it easy enough to clean when wanting to use again ? Or not ? Just thinking we will be paying someone to maintain it when not getting used for 7 months
Thank you
Also how much would it cost to Maintain a small pool 5X2.5 metered
Once we move permanently we will do this ourselves but until then we will need someone
Janetg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Pool

Postby karen jones » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am

Put the pump on a timer. You can buy floats with chlorine in to over winter the pool. Could a neighbour change the float every month of two.
karen jones

Which part of Spain are you from?: la sesta

Postby MilkMan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 am

We pay 70 euros each calendar month for weekly visits and the pool is spotless and the water crystal clear all the time. Covers all chemicals and labour. There are probably cheaper out there but for 5 or 10 euros saving I am not going to risk it. Ask any neighbors with very clean pools who they use. Its an expensive asset so look after it - and nothing is more ugly than a cloudy pool.
MilkMan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Janetg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks for your reply’s we have decided we are going to look after it ourselves we have spoke to a company who will do it for 45 euros a month so will fall back on that if need be
Our pool is only 5X2.5
Our last pool was double that and only paid 50 a month
But as it hardly gets used we don’t want to be paying someone this time
Thanks
Will close this post as had loads of help via Facebook x
Janetg

Postby lynny » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Put 5litre tub of winter treatment in. Mantenemiento invierno in mercadona €9.99. Then switch everything off no need to run the pump. It will last all winter. If your pool cover is loose fitting you may get some leaves under it that will need a good clean when you open it up. Before all the negative comments I've used this for years on an 8×4 pool and never had a problem
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Janetg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Thank you lynny we will do this many people on Facebook have given similar replies to you so thank you x
Janetg

Postby holly » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Have an 8x4 pool, can you tell me how much mantenimiento (5 litre )i would put in pool? Thank you
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Elpando » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:11 pm

If you are going to cover your pool for that length of time, have you considered draining your pool at all and refilling it prior to reuse next year or until you are there permanently?
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby marcliff » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Elpando wrote:If you are going to cover your pool for that length of time, have you considered draining your pool at all and refilling it prior to reuse next year or until you are there permanently?

Emptying a pool can cause the walls to collapse due to a. the pressure not holding them up and b. the grout drying out causing it to crumble.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2