Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Register ourself in Rojales/Quesada

Re: Register ourself in Rojales/Quesada

Postby cogsie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:14 am

If you sign on the padron you can also get a sip card. The bottom line appears to be that the local authority gets funds to carry out municipal duties such as the emptying of bins. If you do not wish them to empty bins and complete other functions do not sign on padron but then do not complain if nothing gets done. I have been on padron for over 20 years as a non resident without any problem whatsoever
cogsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby JanBee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:54 pm

I have had a house here for over 15 years and have had a padron (renewed when required) since we came here. Only took out residencia at the end of last year and have never had any problems with anything. Even getting our SIP cards was extremely straightforward. Sometimes you can get too much advice!! I tend to find out things for myself these days!! That's just me though ..... !!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada

Postby Paulr » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm

I can't believe this is still being debated. It's been covered at length before - it is ILLEGAL to sign on the Padron if you are not planning to obtain Residencia. For those who say they've never seen proof, Pete Knight has previously posted information from Jim Taylor on the Costa Blanca Forum, quoting the Spanish Law, which states it is illegal to do this if you are non-resident. The town halls that allow and, in the case of Rojales, encourage non-residents to sign on to the padron, won't tell you the truth - it's in their interests for as many people as possible to be on the Pardron, so that they get more money from central government. They also won't tell you that, if caught, it's YOU, as well as the town hall, that will be fined up to Eu 10,000.

As a Spanish resident who pays my income taxes in Spain, I object to people illegally signing on to the Padron to allow their town hall to get a larger proportion of central funding than they are entitled to. It's the fault of Rojales town hall that they have allowed the uncontrolled development of the largest urbanisation in Europe (and still growing), without ensuring they can support the required services. More prudent town halls should not have their own share diluted by those who believe the laws don't apply to them.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Jillandsteve » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

I registered on the Rojales Padron as soon as we bought a house here. We were not residents and were not until around a year later
You do not have to be a resident to get on the padron and getting on the padron does not make you a resident
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous