Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hidraqua water meter

Hidraqua water meter

Postby Elaine Anne » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:34 am

Does anyone know of a company that can check the calibration of my Hidraqua water meter ? I had a new meter fitted early in the year since which my bills have trebled, despite complaining to Hidraqua and telling them I have confirmed the readings are inaccurate by measuring the volume of water used, they are not interested, they just say to get a company to certify the meter.
Has anybody had a similar problem.
Elaine Anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (La Fiesta)

Re: Hidraqua water meter

Postby Elliemayc » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm

We also had this problem and after 6 weeks of trying on our own (Iberdrola just didn't want to know and wouldn't even point us in the right direction) finally decided to find a Town Hall consumer office - not as easy as it sounds! Anyway found my way to the fantastic consumers office in Pilar de la Horada. Nothing to do with our area but they were extremely helpful - in English! Took them ages to get the correct info and they told me that as a foreigner I didn't stand a chance of finding the info. We had to pay (180€ I think but might be less, its a while ago) and then an independant body came and took it away for 6 months, leaving us with another. After 6 months our bank account went beserk! The meter had been totally wrong for 3 years and Iberdrola recalculated every bill and we ended up with a refund of about 2000€ plus the cost of the meter checking people. Try Pilar de La Horada - we are so glad we went there. The Town Hall is signposted off the main street and is near the bottom of the High Street, on the left, as you come from the N332 direction. Good luck!
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Re: Hidraqua water meter

Postby Elaine Anne » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:26 am

Thank you so much for the information, a great help.
Elaine Anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (La Fiesta)