Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

Re: How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

Postby Niktam » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 pm

Slightly lost here but your passport is checked when you first enter the EU say at Dover when you board the Eurotunnel. So your days in the EU start then as they will not know which EU country you are in. So your passport record will show you went to the EU for x days so therefore you can't have your full allocation in Spain? Time in Spain may be different to total time in the EU. The latter one is the important one as it will immediately show you are an over stayer in the EU and show all preivous journeys?
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

Postby Bee » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 am

Were you not in an EU member state before you ever started your journey? The rule applies to your intention as an EU citizen to stay in any one EU member state for longer than 90 days. There is free movement of EU citizens within the EU member states. You have to show your passport coming from UK or Ireland as we are outside the Schengen Agreement but we still enjoy free movement within the Schengen countries as do the EU citizens from the Schengen countries once they cross into Ireland or UK.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Previous