Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lidl young woman asking for help

Lidl young woman asking for help

Postby Lyninspain » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm

I have seen a young woman several times this week outside of Lidl asking for help. She sits in the freezing cold for hours, some people are kind enough to give her food and a few coppers. Does anyone know her circumstances, there are others who sit with a coin box whilst on their mobile phone, it’s difficult to know who is genuinely in need of help ? Maybe we could get together and help her and her family, guessing some warm blankets, clothes and basic foodstuffs would go a long way to help these people ?
Lyninspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Re: Lidl young woman asking for help

Postby jpeg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:59 pm

She arrives in a Mercedes early morning
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Lyninspain » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Thank you, yes, seen it before, but there must be genuine families in need of help?
Lyninspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:40 pm

More than you care to think about.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Vi Robertson » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:24 pm

Personally I no longer shop there because of the beggars all dropped of in high value cars, looks like major scam like the forcing of young people into sitting at roundabouts. Organised crime springs to mind but it blinds us to genuine needy people who generally are too embarrassed to beg.
Vi Robertson

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:32 pm

If anybody wants to help the poor and homeless please give to Reachout. Reachout is a charity that helps the poor families and homeless people of Torrevieja and surrounding areas. The proceeds from the charity shop feed around 50 people every day with breakfast and a hot lunch, tea. coffee, squash, showers and clean clothes. They also support a lot of poor families, I think around 40 families by giving them food parcels, helping with rent, legal paperwork, blankets, bedding, crockery so many things. So if you want to help genuine people, please donate any loose change their way.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby daz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 pm

sitting in the freezing cold? while there's definitely a chill at times, i've not seen much frost. There is one person conveniently begging at which ever supermarket I shop at, and has been almost every day for the last couple of years. while I don't doubt that there are some in genuine difficulty, I find it hard to decide which ones that might be. I would imagine that most charities that serve this kind of situation, know where and how to reach out the those that need the help. so, I believe that instead of just giving to someone who may be a chancer in a shop doorway, just give it to a well known charity, and let them do what they know they can do.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Shiva » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Chrisdee wrote:If anybody wants to help the poor and homeless please give to Reachout. Reachout is a charity that helps the poor families and homeless people of Torrevieja and surrounding areas. The proceeds from the charity shop feed around 50 people every day with breakfast and a hot lunch, tea. coffee, squash, showers and clean clothes. They also support a lot of poor families, I think around 40 families by giving them food parcels, helping with rent, legal paperwork, blankets, bedding, crockery so many things. So if you want to help genuine people, please donate any loose change their way.

Please can you advise how best to do that? Do they have a website or giving page? Thanks
Shiva

Postby Busters Mum » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:26 pm

The family that have the begging franchise outside Supervalu at La Marquesa golf have been there since it opened. The girls in the shop say that the beggars earn more than they do. They are an organised business. It’s what they do for a living. They are not poor.
Busters Mum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby TonTri » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Busters Mum wrote:The family that have the begging franchise outside Supervalu at La Marquesa golf have been there since it opened. The girls in the shop say that the beggars earn more than they do. They are an organised business. It’s what they do for a living. They are not poor.

That doesn't surprise me, I've seen when someone has stopped to talk to them, the old woman pointing to something in Supavalu's latest leaflet. I've just assumed she doesn't want your coppers but something more substantial from the leaflet. Sorry but I just ignore her now.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next