Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Best place to buy Smart TV

Re: Best place to buy Smart TV

Postby barb gibson » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:45 am

I agree about don de good prices and excellent service.
barb gibson

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby Dinkelharper » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

Beware of an LG smart tv. Very few usable apps!!! Have one and mostly only use YouTube feature. It is also very difficult to “jailbreak” to add your own apps. All in all I recommend MediaMarkt or Carrefour but make sure you get a knowledgeable sales person. Most just want to make a sale for commission and don’t know much about the products. They also learn certain things to say to make it sound great, just like a car salesman.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby milor » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Why a Smart TV?

Much better to turn an ordinary TV into Smart by using Android Box, Firestick etc.

Samsung and LG drop app support continually leaving you without your favourite app.

If you really must go Smart then go Android Smart TV, at least you can use Play Store for your apps.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby ScottCummings » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:14 pm

After having a play with a Firestick it looks like that will do all we need - YouTube, Amazon prime, iptv etc. So a normal tv will do just fine. Thanks.
ScottCummings

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby PGA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:30 pm

We have a fire stick for an old TV but looking to replace this for a new TV it seems almost all of them are Smart TVs and no obvious price difference.
PGA

Postby A.N.Other » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Not sure you'll find many non 'Smart' TV's these dags but in any case since moving away from Android to proprietary operating systems in many instances the 'Smart' in the name has become something of con and a swizz.

The Tizen system used by Samsung for instance is pretty rubbish and virtually impossible to hack or bypass leaving users stuck with the crap appps and no option to install your own.

Even when trying to nework with a home server for video it will only interface with Windows Media Player and then only play .avi files which makes it useless as very few of mine are in that format and for sure I'm not going to start converting them.

I've reverted to loading videos onto a USB stick or hard drive and plugging that into the TV.

I can guarantee my next TV will NOT be Samsung or any other which doesn't run proper Android!

I thought that included LG (and Sony) but I've not been watching that closely so maybe that's changed,
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Dinkelharper » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:37 pm

LG runs their own called WebOS. Personally I’m thinking about getting an Apple TV since everything else is Apple.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby jpeg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:18 am

Apple TV is a small box that connects to your TV via its HDMI port. It gives you the ability to watch streaming services from the Internet on your TV, and it allows you to “mirror” the screen from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your TV. ... It's the only streaming device that natively plays video from the iTunes store
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:21 am

I believe Mediamarkt offers the best selection - I use the one in Elche, nearer Quesada and less hassle.

Most TV's now have some smart functionality - though most of it you don't need. It's more important to have a reliable TV with a good picture.

We have found just from feedback from clients over the years, that the 'own brand' type TV's - IE Carrefour's Bluesens or Bluesky, cheap brands like Oki (should have stuck to printers), seem to have a shorter shelf life - IE break 5 mins after warranty. The bigger players seem more reliable & Samsung do make their own panels.

Samsung make the most popular TV's - we have an office full of them, reliable. Tizen OS is fine for most standard apps, Netflix, Youtube, even seen/tested a few IPTV apps.

LG - used to be lucky goldstar & changed slightly to make sound 'more premium' - they do make decent TV's nowdays, also as above - for standard type apps, work well enough.

Most TV's unless they come with their own sound bars - usually need something to improve the audio as generally poor on most flat screen TV's.

Sony do an Android TV - but I can't see the point, as you can get an android box/stick or the amazon stick (which is an average android stick when you've cracked - not that great) - basically, unless you want to use the headache that is Kodi for free stuff, you really don't have much need for android on your TV & if you do, it may be better to buy the TV on picture quality, size, price etc - as you can add Android into any TV, quite easily if you want - though I would suggest today, we don't need to - as can get Spanish, English, IPTV services certainly on the new Samsung & LG's as seen both their app stores, which are the best of the smart TV offerings.

You are likely also to find that ultimately a set-top box, designed to do a specific TV service, will do it better than most apps anyway, so you don't really need to drive yourself too mad with the 'smart TV' thing- as all 90% of people use it for is 'Youtube & Netflix'.

You can web browse on your TV, but try it with a TV's remote control & it's more trouble than it' worth often, unless you start using a plug in keyboard etc.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Android enables you to do just about anything you can on an Android smartphone so limited only by your imagination.

OK in many instances you probably won't get full access to the Play Store but there are many ways around that.

For me personally that means remotely browsing other devices on my network and effortlessly streaming from them something Tizen prevents me from doing.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

PreviousNext