Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Not nice people

Not nice people

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:11 am

Noticed a few horrible people lately, they join and are straight in with being nasty. Why?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Not nice people

Postby jamiep » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:28 am

Because the torrevieja.co uk forum has closed now....mainly because of these same people ruining it for the rest with constant nasty posts.

Jan used to keep order but I assume she now is unable to dedicate the time so it unfortunately getting out of control
jamiep

Postby Jonb » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:25 am

If that’s what’s happening the site needs a moderator. Someone appointed by the owner who has the time to oversee the site. They would be able to delete offensive comments, warn offenders and, if necessary, ban repeat offenders from the site.
Jonb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby derekbroad. » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 am

jamiep wrote:Because the torrevieja.co uk forum has closed now....

No it hasn't ... yet.
derekbroad.

Which part of Spain are you from?: .. La Veleta.

Postby jamiep » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:02 am

I stand corrected Derek.thought it was supposed to close last week but still seems to be limping on. But I still say that a lot of the nasty/sarcastic/inflammatory postings on here are from the same people who drove decent folk from the other forum,(s)
jamiep

Postby derekbroad. » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:36 am

jamiep wrote:I stand corrected Derek.thought it was supposed to close last week but still seems to be limping on. But I still say that a lot of the nasty/sarcastic/inflammatory postings on here are from the same people who drove decent folk from the other forum,(s)

I suppose limping is correct and as usual nobody seems to be bothered in keeping anyone up to date, particularly the owner. .. To me that shows a distinct lack of respect to the many faithful members that still want to support the forum and have done so over many years.

Politics bring out the worst in people and should be banned.
Someone mentioned the exchange rate and straight away people like dave c have to turn into a political debate with personal abuse.
Some people struggle with the fact that other people have a different opinion to them.
Some people are incapable of putting forward a reasoned argument for their case and therefore resort to derogatory comments.

From my observations it seems that they all seem to support the same political party.
derekbroad.

Postby mondo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:20 am

There are always two sides to an argument..

Mine and yours, which is usually wrong..

:lol:
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Shiva » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:20 am

Jonb wrote:If that’s what’s happening the site needs a moderator. Someone appointed by the owner who has the time to oversee the site. They would be able to delete offensive comments, warn offenders and, if necessary, ban repeat offenders from the site.

This is a free forum and Jan and Alex have been very good at moderating it. They may not be as proactive as in the past but you'll find that if you report a post for being inflammatory/ unfriendly/ spam etc they will swiftly take action. But there's a responsibility too on forum members if we want to keep the forum free and accessible (a key part of its usefulness).

I have to say ( and NOT looking at you Chrisdee, you are always supremely helpful and friendly to people) that some of those who moan about others can be just as bad themselves ( eg I saw one person moaning about others being rude/ nasty/ crude who in exactly the same post was very rude and crude himself).

Anything relating to politics tends to bring out the shouters who don't seem able to engage in reasoned debate or even polite discussion but resort to name calling and crude language " suck it up" etc etc . That's probably just life and you quickly recognise the worst offenders.You also get to recognise the regular nit pickers,off topic eccentrics etc. ( or people like me who can never write a short post when a long one would do, etc )

I think we need to just take it all with a pinch of salt, forum members can call out the worst offenders to moderate themselves(this had happened in the past, with some members telling others to cool it) - and report anything really bad - but just plough on exchanging helpful news and views and information which makes this such a good forum.
Shiva

Postby derekbroad. » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Shiva wrote: resort to name calling and crude language " suck it up" etc etc .

As it`s upset you so much, I`ve deleted what I said and put something nicer.
derekbroad.

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:07 pm

I think most of the Negativity is due to people being bored and looking for a reaction to occupy their days

its really sad
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Next