Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Work below Calle Pico de la Sagra

Work below Calle Pico de la Sagra

Postby TonTri » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm

For the last couple of weeks there's been a digger clearing and levelling the slope below Calle Pico de la Sagra opposite Buenavista Golf 5 in the upper golf area. Does anyone know what they are doing this for?
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Work below Calle Pico de la Sagra

Postby JennyR » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:30 pm

TonTri wrote:For the last couple of weeks there's been a digger clearing and levelling the slope below Calle Pico de la Sagra opposite Buenavista Golf 5 in the upper golf area. Does anyone know what they are doing this for?

I heard they were going to build 30 villas. I was wondering if that will effect the view of the properties behind them.
JennyR

Postby TonTri » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks for replying. I do hope not as, unless they are bungalows like they're building at the bottom of Calle Pico de Santa Barbara they undoubtedly will obscure the view of those apartments opposite. I live fairly close and it will mean a lot of noise and dust I the area, we already get a fair bit of that from the boxes they're building at the top of Calle Dali
TonTri

Postby Ronnie112 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:51 pm

It might be a very large Chinese shop there aren't many around we could do with a new one :text-lol:
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby blingle » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:02 pm

A friend of mine who lives near there was telling me similar...30-40 villas - more than likely the 2 storey modern white ones.

How long it'll take is anyone's guess.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby TonTri » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:51 am

That's not good news Blingle, although thank you for replying. If they're going to be modern boxes I hope they're like the ones at Malabu Lagoon not like the monstrosities at the top of Calle Dali. As you say though, god knows how long they'll take :roll:
TonTri

Postby JennyR » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:32 pm

We spoke to the engineer working on site. He said 33 villas 2/3 bedrooms. Two storey. When we asked when they would be finished he laughed and said 'don't know'. They have leveled the ground off quite low keeping the impact on the apartments behind to a minimum.
JennyR

Postby TonTri » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm

JennyR wrote:We spoke to the engineer working on site. He said 33 villas 2/3 bedrooms. Two storey. When we asked when they would be finished he laughed and said 'don't know'. They have leveled the ground off quite low keeping the impact on the apartments behind to a minimum.

Thanks Jenny, that's quite encouraging. Hopefully they'll be traditional style buildings, although it's still going to mean lots of noise. I hope they don't put another crane up, I can see 3 from my balcony/garden as it is.
TonTri

Postby artiste » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:19 pm

So many of us hate the lego style houses. After a year they look scruffy and dirty and in 10 years my guess is people will start pulling them down. So ugly, characterless and look like prison camps. I wonder who buys them - and do they not look at the ones that have been there a year or two? Anyone know what's finally going to happen to the half built ones on the 'roundabout' on the canal road. Work seems to have come to a halt, having created a complete eyesore.
artiste

Postby blingle » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't think you're going to get your wish re. them being traditional style.

The popular style is now the modern blocks - much more simple to construct.

I agree with artiste though...they can look dirty very quickly unless they're suitably maintained.

There's a lot of building work going on in and around that area - for the next few years at least...although SURELY they'll run out of space at some point.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next