Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

IPTV problems

Re: IPTV problems

Postby A.N.Other » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:50 pm

mondo wrote:We had to change something called a URL Portal setting...(whatever that is)

URL = Uniform Resource Locator which is the technical name for what you type into a browser to access a web site e.g. http://www.google.com

The portal (a fancy word for a web site) which your IPTV provider uses is completely unknown to Telfy and something they could not change even if they did so the fact that you had to change it is proof conclusive that for whatever reason your provider had to switch to a different one.

mondo wrote: so, why would Telfy call me to tell me they had fixed it?

The zero download speed means that Telfy had a problem which coincided with the IPTV portal change, just one of those things. No other plusible conclusion.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby mondo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:00 pm

You may be right.. I will never know but it could have been a coincidence..

My IPTV provider is adamant the problem is with Telfy... and Telfy said they had a problem and fixed it...

No matter, I have TV...no complaints now..

:D
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby A.N.Other » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:40 am

mondo wrote:My IPTV provider is adamant the problem is with Telfy

Per my last post; the fact that you had to change your portal proves that to be incorrect but hey ho.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby mondo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:09 am

A.N.Other wrote:
mondo wrote:My IPTV provider is adamant the problem is with Telfy

Per my last post; the fact that you had to change your portal proves that to be incorrect but hey ho.

Thanks ANother...

While you are here... our IPTV provider has, in the past, said that the Fibre company can "choke" the signal

Could you explain that in infant speak for me.. I have looked on the internet and it seems to be a "thing"... but don't understand what choking is...

Thanks for all the help...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous