Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

The euro to the pound.

Re: The euro to the pound.

Postby Sage » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Clearly for some people the continual bickering and counter arguments over Brexit are intolerable.

Might I suggest a solution.

1. Create a new section called Brexit. Place all Brexit discussion in this separate section. Those that want to play can go there, those that don't can avoid it.

2. When threads are highjacked......this thread started as a Euro to Pound discussion.....the administrators should delete posts that clearly move away from the subject.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby blingle » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Benjy wrote:ANOTHER Brexit lie. FACT 70% of conservatives and 60% of labour voted leave.

Where's the proof of that? Your other post said those figures related to Labour and Conservative CONSTITUENCIES, not the people themselves.

FACT.

But Marcliff...YES. Please. Please.

I think the majority of forum members would LOVE it to stop...but unfortunately, maybe the majority vote doesn't count for anything any more!!!!!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby blingle » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:17 pm

Sage wrote:Might I suggest a solution.

1. Create a new section called Brexit. Place all Brexit discussion in this separate section. Those that want to play can go there, those that don't can avoid it.

2. When threads are highjacked......this thread started as a Euro to Pound discussion.....the administrators should delete posts that clearly move away from the subject.

:text-goodpost:

Both excellent suggestions.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Sage » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Simmo36 wrote:Why are Remainers so personal, nasty and rude.
;)

Clearly some of the remainer posters on this thread can't see the damage their aggressive responses are causing.

It's a shame because they often provide quite good counter arguments. BUT, most people wont get past the inappropriate way those arguments are being expressed.

Take it from me......Your approach is not gonna win you many converts.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Big Wheeler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:15 am

I feel sorry for the Remainers.All that venom and vitriol unspent.
I think there should be 3 more referenda before the end of June.If they try really hard they could win all three for an overall 3 - 2 result.
Anyway back on topic.
There is always movement on currencies both up and down.That is how extremely rich corporations and individuals become even richer and who have no interest in our pensions or holiday exchange rates.A few years ago George Soros got a nice drink out of speculating between the £ and the € and he's only one of them.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:51 am

Sage wrote:Immigration was a big factor in the referendum. If you live in parts of the UK where unchecked immigration has resulted in a shortage of school places, longer doctors waiting times, shortage of hospital admissions/beds, acute housing shortage, suppressed wage rises etc you will know why you voted to leave
True but its a view lacking in perspective.

The fact is that immigration from outside the EU has outstripped that by EU citizens by a factor of roughly 2:1 since 1991 and has been running at anything between 400, 000and 600,000 since about 2003.

Deducting emigration by UK citizens from EU immigation you end up with net annual immigration figure of around 150,000 the vast majority of whom will be of working age and making a positive contribution to the country, the failure of successive governments to scale public services is not their fault nor that of the EU.

If you disbelieve me and have not totally closed your mind you can create your own graphs of statistics and check what I say here:

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statis ... statistics

In an earlier post you stated that you were a remainer but had changed your mind, which is of course your right, however it's a right you can only exercise or defend by permitting others to do the same meaning that a peoples vote was the correct way forward but I'll be willing to bet that you were not in favour of that.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Ireneinveraray » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:21 am

:text-goodpost:
A.N.Other wrote:
Sage wrote:Immigration was a big factor in the referendum. If you live in parts of the UK where unchecked immigration has resulted in a shortage of school places, longer doctors waiting times, shortage of hospital admissions/beds, acute housing shortage, suppressed wage rises etc you will know why you voted to leave
True but its a view lacking in perspective.

The fact is that immigration from outside the EU has outstripped that by EU citizens by a factor of roughly 2:1 since 1991 and has been running at anything between 400, 000and 600,000 since about 2003.

Deducting emigration by UK citizens from EU immigation you end up with net annual immigration figure of around 150,000 the vast majority of whom will be of working age and making a positive contribution to the country, the failure of successive governments to scale public services is not their fault nor that of the EU.

If you disbelieve me and have not totally closed your mind you can create your own graphs of statistics and check what I say here:

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statis ... statistics

In an earlier post you stated that you were a remainer but had changed your mind, which is of course your right, however it's a right you can only exercise or defend by permitting others to do the same meaning that a peoples vote was the correct way forward but I'll be willing to bet that you were not in favour of that.
Ireneinveraray

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am

Deducting emigration by UK citizens from EU immigation you end up with net annual immigration figure of around 150,000 the vast majority of whom will be of working age and making a positive contribution to the country, the failure of successive governments to scale public services is not their fault nor that of the EU, A.N.OTHER wrote,

I beg to differ ,the vast majority will be working you say,yes, on minimum wage ,then the wage .rent etc made up from benefits coming from the the working taxpayer on above minimum wage which are british nationals mainly , that's why the polish etc come to UK FOR A better wage than home ,made up with benefits to a even better wage, so realy they contribute nothing only cheap labour for the fat cats, my neighbours are both poles, both working in menial jobs ,one was a bank clerk back in Poland ,now hes a shelf stacker at tescos on more money than home in poland.and a better standard of living in uk,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 am

Steve4878 wrote:I am resident here, but fully agree with sage.
The positives and benefits of Brexit are for the UK and sage has listed some of those.
The UK will not abandon its overseas citizens and history shows that, but those that have chosen freely to leave the UK and live overseas will not be top of the priorities for the UK and thats right.
I freely chose to move to Spain and will live with and manage my life around the fluctuations in exchange rates (something fully expected) and take on board Spanish laws and systems. If I can't manage I know I have the choice to return to the UK but at this time have no plans to do so.
Those who have chosen to live here as residents need to let the UK manage itself and concentrate on themselves and work with the fluctuations of exchange rates etc. After alm you chose to leave the UK, just as the UK chose to leave the EU.
Live with it.
that's all well and good, but theres some that moved to spain 20years ago for health reasons and a better life,so there state pension would stretch further, not everyone has a private works,goverment pension,not everyone sold a nice big property in the uk with a nice cash lumpsum, property prices differed drastically from the south to the north of England,they moved to spain before there was an inkling of Brexit, I think its these people who have seen there uk state pensions diminish ,and are struggling on just that, that the EXCHANGE RATE TOPIC really affects unfortunately
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Steve4878 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 am

Thats the risks you take when you move overseas. Unfortunate, but nobody forced anyone to move from the UK and settle overseas.
I still think it's a fair argument that just has we chose to leave the UK, the UK has the same right to leave the EU
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

PreviousNext