Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

The euro to the pound.

Re: The euro to the pound.

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:44 pm

leaving the uk 20years ago was a personal choice for some to try and improve the lifes,
the uk leaving the EU was a government sponsored misinformation choice up to now,as nothing has been told to the people only that its Brexit 31st jan
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Steve4878 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:08 pm

The UK leaving the EU was from a national referendum which had the biggest turn out in history for a national vote and the British public voted to leave the EU. Completely democrastic.
As for misinformation, well that came from both sides, so a fairly even balance of misinformation.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Steve4878 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:14 pm

I would further add that there has just been another general election. This time the public were well informed of what the tories, labour and lib dems plans were. The public again overwhelmingly voted with the tories who were clear regarding leaving the EU. No misinformation or misunderstanding this time. The parties supporting remain were wiped out. I think that confirms what the majority in the UK wanted. That being to leave the EU.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Simmo36 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:40 pm

I'll repost this as it was conveniently ignored !

The exchange rate now is the same as it was in 2011 and it even dropped down to 1.11 .. Five years before Brexit and I can remember it near parity !!
What have you got to say to that
Simmo36

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Benjy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:17 pm

The main reason that the pound went to around 1.11 in 2011 was a direct result of the world recession that started around 2008/2009. The reason it is low now is a direct result of the Brexit vote. Before Brexit the pound was strong against the euro with a strong economy and now it isn’t. Bit of a clue there.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Simmo36 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Yes, so the exchange rate can fluctuate without Brexit being the cause of it.
I've made my point.
Simmo36

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Benjy wrote:The main reason that the pound went to around 1.11 in 2011 was a direct result of the world recession that started around 2008/2009. The reason it is low now is a direct result of the Brexit vote. Before Brexit the pound was strong against the euro with a strong economy and now it isn’t. Bit of a clue there.

So if it was a “world” recession that drove the pound so low in 2011, wasn’t the EU in recession too? I seem to remember the southern EU countries being in a complete mess.
Can you substantiate as to why the pound was so badly affected by that recession or could there have possibly been some other reason?
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Benjy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Sorry, I can’t comment on the reasons for the 2008 recession, I was not studying it at the time and I would only be speculating.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Previous