Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

The euro to the pound.

Re: The euro to the pound.

Postby Sage » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 pm

As this is a website for Quesada (and surrounding areas) and most people using the site will be located in Spain I suspect there will not be any/many advantages for them when the UK leaves the EU. To be honest I haven't given any thought to how Brits who are resident in Spain are likely to be affected......I don't really care......I'm resident in the UK for most of the year only visiting Spain on various short breaks....so that's what matters to me most.

The advantages for me and my friends and family in the UK are almost limitless. In fact the advantages of leaving the EU are only limited by our own imagination.

Our Gov will be making the choices on what we do and how we do it going forward....not the EU.

Immigration was a big factor in the referendum. If you live in parts of the UK where unchecked immigration has resulted in a shortage of school places, longer doctors waiting times, shortage of hospital admissions/beds, acute housing shortage, suppressed wage rises etc you will know why you voted to leave.

The UK fishing industry is fed up with the Spanish and others fishing our waters.
The agricultural industry is fed up with the EU rules as well.

......and I'm fed up with the EU telling me how bendy my bananas are allowed to be.

The EU control, rule or have an input to almost every area of life......people want that control to be back with our Gov'.

.....and let's not forget we want to be able to sell to the rest of the world.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:26 pm

If you ask a Brextremist for anything positive about Brexit you only seem to get calls to, “put up with it we won”, “let’s wait and see” or demands to close the thread down. I think that’s proof enough that, for the average Brexit supporter, they’ve no real idea.

As for Sage’s list, here you have a prime example of someone swallowing the whole Brexit lie, hook, line and sinker. All these have been debunked, as either lies, or the direct result of Tory austerity and it’s underfunding.

One thing’s for sure, this Sage doesn’t know his onions
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Steve4878 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:51 pm

I am resident here, but fully agree with sage.
The positives and benefits of Brexit are for the UK and sage has listed some of those.
The UK will not abandon its overseas citizens and history shows that, but those that have chosen freely to leave the UK and live overseas will not be top of the priorities for the UK and thats right.
I freely chose to move to Spain and will live with and manage my life around the fluctuations in exchange rates (something fully expected) and take on board Spanish laws and systems. If I can't manage I know I have the choice to return to the UK but at this time have no plans to do so.
Those who have chosen to live here as residents need to let the UK manage itself and concentrate on themselves and work with the fluctuations of exchange rates etc. After alm you chose to leave the UK, just as the UK chose to leave the EU.
Live with it.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Balderdash Steve4878. We chose to live legally elsewhere in another country of the EU within agreements that the UK is party to.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mart 63 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Sage wrote:As this is a website for Quesada (and surrounding areas) and most people using the site will be located in Spain I suspect there will not be any/many advantages for them when the UK leaves the EU. To be honest I haven't given any thought to how Brits who are resident in Spain are likely to be affected......I don't really care......I'm resident in the UK for most of the year only visiting Spain on various short breaks....so that's what matters to me most.

The advantages for me and my friends and family in the UK are almost limitless. In fact the advantages of leaving the EU are only limited by our own imagination.

Our Gov will be making the choices on what we do and how we do it going forward....not the EU.

Immigration was a big factor in the referendum. If you live in parts of the UK where unchecked immigration has resulted in a shortage of school places, longer doctors waiting times, shortage of hospital admissions/beds, acute housing shortage, suppressed wage rises etc you will know why you voted to leave.

The UK fishing industry is fed up with the Spanish and others fishing our waters.
The agricultural industry is fed up with the EU rules as well.

......and I'm fed up with the EU telling me how bendy my bananas are allowed to be.

The EU control, rule or have an input to almost every area of life......people want that control to be back with our Gov'.

.....and let's not forget we want to be able to sell to the rest of the world.

Here here
Mart 63

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Simmo36 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Why are Remainers so personal, nasty and rude.
Is it any coincidence that they also mainly vote Labour. ;)
Simmo36

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Benjy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:48 pm

ANOTHER Brexit lie. FACT 70% of conservatives and 60% of labour voted leave.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby marcliff » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:01 pm

Please make it stop.....please, please, please.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Benjy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:09 pm

You don’t have to read any posts if you are fed up with them
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby TonTri » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:35 pm

marcliff wrote:Please make it stop.....please, please, please.

You would have thought the conversation would have died a natural death by now, but no, everyone is determined to have the last word on the subject. Kids and toys out of prams comes to mind.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext