Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Toll roads driving through France

Toll roads driving through France

Postby pin1953 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53 am

Hi,

I taking the Eurotunnel into Calais and then travelling to Spain through France Via Ruan,La Mans ,Bordeaux etc. Has anybody done this journey recently so can give me an approx cost of the tolls. I know you can do it toll free but I think the downsides of that are not good. Ideally a mix and match would be good. Any information based on experience would be welcome.

Cheers

Steve
pin1953

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Toll roads driving through France

Postby DTR » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 am

around 65€ from the Colmar region to Spain.
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Big Wheeler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Calais to Abbeville 9€
Abbeville to Rouen toll free dual carr.
Rouen to Chartres toll free dual aapart from 2€ at Incarville; or Rouen to Poiiers Sud 49€.
Chartres to Poitiers Sud 36€.
Poitiers Sud to Bordeaux via Angouleme toll free dual carr.
Bordeaux to border near Irun 5 tolls amounting to 15€.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby daz » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Been done a few times now on here, do a forum search. so short version - approx 120eu just for France one way, you drive further to sweep round all the villages, so you actually use more fuel. Saving on time is approx 3 hours via toll. 120eu + another 20eu for extra fuel = 140eu approx, for just 3 hours. too expensive for me, so I do non toll roads all the way, but that’s my choice. Good luck in what you decide is good for you.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Babu » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Done it twice, €120 for tolls all the way 1 way plus overnight accommodation (1 or 2 nights depending on choice). Try and plan refuelling not on Toll Roads as its much more expensive (3 full tanks if diesel from Calais onward) . . . Driving is stress free as you go for miles without seeing another vehicle and cruise control is king!
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Big Wheeler » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:52 am

If pin1953 prefers all motorway;
Calais to Hendaye via Le Mans is 95€.
Calais to La Jonquera via Paris and Clermont Ferrand is 82€.
Plus whatever,if any,you choose in Spain.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby A.N.Other » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 am

A potential downside of using route nationale roads instead of the peage is the risk of picking up a speeding fine.

Yeah yeah yeah I know you never break the limit but with the 2018 imposition of the blanket national 80kph limit on roads without a central barrier, quickly followed by a typical French fudge of what can effectively be termed virtually random exceptions where individual departments were empowered to reset limits back to 90 (or even in some instances 100 or 110), what was already a confusing mish mash of limits already easy to fall foul of has become an even greater game of chance.

A further factor to consider is that with two drivers and sticking to the toll roads the entire journey can be accomplished with one - or none - overnight stops, the non toll route could demand two comprehensively wiping out any monetary saving.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi