Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Latest update from Gov/uk re Brexit

Discuss your questions about the EU and Brexit and what it means for Quesada and Spain

Re: Latest update from Gov/uk re Brexit

Postby Simmo36 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm

So why is this mentioned on their Facebook page then. Why shouldn't the Embassy have one. !

More information on our services can be found on https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... r-services

And if they are a scam as you imply and have nothing to do with the Embassy, how can they publish official videos without the cooperation of the Embassy or are they a scam also.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BritsInSpain/videos/?ref=page_internal

And what about some egg on face Mundo ( Crummy) .. Don`'t forget to ' stay in touch ' .

https://www.facebook.com/BritsInSpain/videos/2208310229461408/?v=2208310229461408

egg on face.jpg
Simmo36

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby mondo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Simmo36 wrote: So why is this mentioned on their Facebook page then. Why shouldn't the Embassy have one. !

More information on our services can be found on https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... r-services

And if they are a scam as you imply and have nothing to do with the Embassy, how can they publish official videos without the cooperation of the Embassy or are they a scam also.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BritsInSpain/videos/?ref=page_internal

And what about some egg on face Mundo ( Crummy) ...

https://www.facebook.com/BritsInSpain/videos/2208310229461408/?v=2208310229461408

egg on face.jpg

Whenever you see anything you are interested in.. the first thing you do is..Check the Source..There are so many fakes about so check the source of the information you are interested in.

To learn about Brexit and it's impact on ex pats you check the government site... not a Facebook site, not the bloke down the pub... go to the Government site... if you can find anything about the original post please post me the link.

Nothing has been posted recently from the .GOV site about Expats and healthcare..

The first link you posted is to the .GOV website.. NOTHING there about the original post

Link two is simply from BritsinSpain... nothing official there

Link 3 is from before the last election and tells you that ..AS LONG AS WE ARE IN THE EU nothing will change.... quite right, but we won't be soon..

But still, it is your choice... if you want to think that facebook only shows the truth, go ahead.

..have a nice day..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby jpeg » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:25 pm

I thought Brits in Spain was an official British Embassy page
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:57 pm

I think it's an official page:-

categories
Consulate & Embassy

We share information that is relevant to British nationals living in Spain and provide a platform for you to share experiences and knowledge.

We share information that is relevant to British people living in or visiting Spain to help you integrate further and have a safe, enjoyable time here. We also provide a platform for you to share experiences and knowledge to help each other out!

Please note that post likes and comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the British Embassy and we cannot be held responsible.

*Our Facebook moderation policy*

We look forward to receiving your comments and participation in the discussions on this page. However we do ask that our followers adhere to certain good practices and conventions of polite and constructive conversation.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby mondo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Can ANYONE see what the original poster said on a .GOV website..?

Can ANYONE see what the OP posted on the Madrid Embassy website..?

Britsinspain are saying it is on the Madrid Embassy site... but where?

I would love to believe what was posted, but I don't believe it until I see it on either site..

I am not saying it is not there... but I simply can't see it on the .GOV or the Embassy site

Please post the link then I can be sure..

mondo

Postby Simmo36 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 pm

mondo wrote:

No they are not.
Simmo36

Postby mondo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:59 am

Simmo36 wrote:
mondo wrote:

No they are not.

Btitsinspain have a Facebook page that shows the British Embassy logo.. purporting to be from the Embassy in Madrid.....This is misleading as what they are saying is NOT on the Embassy website..
Until I see this on a GOVERNMENT website it will be suspect..

I just wish people would not automatically believe what they read without checking. That is what got us into this mess in the first place..

Anyway..keep your hats on, it's windy today..

mondo

Postby Simmo36 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 am

So when Her Majesties Embassador to Spain, Hugh Elliot says ' Stay in touch with our Brits in Spain Facebook page ' .. don`t you think that there`s a fair chance that it may be the official Facebook page of the Spanish Embassy .. hence the Embassy logo. So obviously anything published on Brits in Spain would have the full endorsement of the Embassy.
I can't see why that is so difficult to understand.
He said in the video that the Emabassy website is going to be updated.
head-in-the-ground.jpg

Anyway .. just another 12 days to go.
Simmo36

Postby mondo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:42 am

Nothing is to be believed until it appears on the OFFICIAL Government website.. There has been too much misinformation about to think otherwise....

Have a nice day.. :D
mondo

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:19 am

It's misleading to say that after Jan 31st it's only the trade deal which remains to be negotiated.

In terms of citizens rights what everybody seems to be forgetting is that it still all depends on reciprocity and passing of the withdrawal bill or not as of yet that has not been settled.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

PreviousNext