Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Residencia Application

Re: Residencia Application

Postby A.N.Other » Thu May 14, 2020 8:19 am

There is a fee but not sure how much it is because we did ours via an agent who we used for other things to so it's difficult to pluck that out from whole but in terms of time assuming you have your documents lined up once you have your appointment the actual process itself takes minutes and you walk out with your residence card in your hand.

There is nothing at all to prevent you from doing it yourself but I would say that for the modest cost of employing an agent it would amount to an unnecessary act of self flagellation and I cartainly wouldn't advise it without a decent level of competancy in Spanish!
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby vilna » Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 am

Thankyou for quick reply,i suppose the agen will know what correct documents are needed,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby andywyatt » Thu May 14, 2020 9:09 am

In order for your partner to get residency, he would need the following;

STEP 1: FOR PENSIONERS ASK FOR S1 FORM for transferal of medical rights from your country to Spain,

Details for UK pension department

State Pension Forecasting Team
The Pension Service, Tyneview Park, Whitley Road
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA - United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 191 218 7777

Fax:++ 44 (0) 191 21 87280 + Fax:++ 44 (0) 191 225 4215

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/BritonsLivi ... DG_4000013

STEP 2: To apply for residency you will need the following;

An appointment with the national police station “Extranjeria” of which we can make the necessary appointment and complete the application forms for the fee of 30 € each. However, if you prefer to do this yourself/ves, the link is as follows https://sede.administracionespublicas.g ... index.html

Copy of passport/s + NIE, as well as original/s

Application form and tax form obtained from “Extranjeria” webpage (tax approx. 12,00 € app.) https://sede.policia.gob.es/portalCiuda ... jeria.html Included in the 30 € above, we will complete the necessary application and tax form (admin. Tax of approx. 12 € not incl.)

Proof of medical cover either both copies of the S1 form plus a photocopy of which they will keep (as above) or private medical policy (full coverage and must state no copayments “no copagos”)

Proof income;
- for pensioners - Bank statement from your Spanish bank account (stamped by the bank) min. of 850 € for a couple or 700 € for one person for at least the last 4 months. If not already set up on direct debit with the Spanish account, get your UK bank to transfer the set amount per month and once three monthly payments have been received you can obtain the bank statement from your Spanish account. You will also need paper proof of the pension such as P60 or annual letter for your state pension (possibly translated, depends on the office).

Padron, this is a local registry list at the local townhall. Once you have the appointment made to obtain the residency go to the local townhall and request the padron, you will need a copy of your ID as well as the title deeds to in list. The padron must be within 3 months of date of the appointment. Lisa you will have to authorise him to be able to go onto the padron being that he is not a property owner.

2 passport size photos, not always required but best to have should they request them.

At present, only the Alicante office is giving out appointments for British citizens to become residents, however this could change in the near future all depending on agreements made in light of the Brexit.

If you would like us to assist with making the appointment, completion of the necessary application form, payment of the administration fee, take you to request and obtain the residency, our fee for this service is 150 € per person.

STEP 3: Only applicable to pensions (S1 forms) Once you have the residency certificate, the S1 forms (both) will need to be taken to Social security. You can do this your-selves appointment only or bring the original documents (residency certificate, S1 form (both copies) and original passport/s) to our office so we can register them at Social Security. Our fee for this service is 75 € per S1 form/person. The Social security office will then issue you with a social security number (National insurance document).

STEP 4: Once the SS certificate is issued, then together with the PADRON, RESIDENCY & PASSPORT you can get register at the local health centre “Centro Salud”. The heath centre will then issue you with a SIP CARD and assign you a Doctor.
hope this helps.
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby vilna » Thu May 14, 2020 9:26 am

Thankyou,i not pensioner,but got padron,can soon update ,will i still need copy of id and deeds,,will look for health insurunce
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Sara19 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:44 pm

vilna wrote:Thankyou,i not pensioner,but got padron,can soon update ,will i still need copy of id and deeds,,will look for health insurunce

If you're not a pensioner then you need most of quoted (NIE,Padron,Passport etc) but as apposed to pension proof you need either copy of work contract or proof of money & before lockdown was €7500 each now I believe has gone up heard to €9000....... I would suggest you get in touch with someone recommended in thread & they will fill you in on everything
Good Luck
Sara19

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi andywyatt, are you part of a company that deals with these issues. If so do you have a website. Cheers Paul.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby Paulr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:38 pm

TonTri wrote:
Paulr wrote:We used Jean-Paul at Sunflower for our Residencia and Matt at One Way Services for our driving licence exchange. They were both good, but Matt is cheaper. He's just given friends of mine a quote for their Residencia and it was Eu 50 per person.

Paulr, how much did Sunflower charge out of interest? TIA

Hi TonTri, Sorry, I don't seem to receive alerts for additional comments, so I've only just seen your question. We got our residency in 2017 and Sunflower charged us Eu 60 each. From memory, the fee, which can be paid at nominated banks (Sabadell is one of them) was something like Eu 10.80.

I understand that the online booking system for residency appointments at Alicante is now live again. Paul
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby TonTri » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Thank you Paul. I've since gone with Rightmove Insurance for my residencia application, they charge €75 per person, possibly Sunflower are a similar price in 2020. I know One Way Services are cheaper but from previous dealings with them they are really hard to get hold of.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jonnno » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Just realised not many recent posts on this one. Has anyone else any recent experiences.
Would like to get some up to date advice if possible. Brexit deadline looming.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Shiva » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:16 pm

https://sgmlegalspain.com/ I would recommend SGM Abogados in Benijofar. They are more expensive than many others but totally reliable, dependable etc. About €130 for residencia as far as I remember. Yes others are cheaper but can only speak from own experience. Have used SGM over the years for many things inc NIE, house purchase, fiscal representation, residencia etc and the peace of mind from knowing I am dealing with reliable, knowledgeable, competent people who are always contactable is worth the money to me.
Shiva

PreviousNext