Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool

Pool

Postby Denham » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi any experts out there pleas?????
If I fill my pool to required level and run the pump continuously the level never drops not even one millimetre ,as soon as I put pump on to auto twice per day or turn pump of completely level of water drops by two tiles or more every 24 hours????????
Highly frustrated!!!!!
Thanks.
Denham

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Pool

Postby Espanabums » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:00 pm

One possible explanation is that you have a fault in the spider gasket underneath your pump selector switch allowing, when the water is not flowing, water to drain out of the drain pipe. Do you have a valve on your drain pipe that you could shut off? Under normal circumstances this is not needed as the gasket keeps the water away from the drain pipe until you turn the selector switch to pump to waste.

or read this

https://sunplay.com/blogs/posts/my-pool-is-losing-water

If the pool is leaking without your equipment running, you could have a suction-side leak. With the filter pump ON, the plumbing on the suction side is utilizing a vacuum action. Air is often drawn in through leaking voids which keeps the pool from leaking. If you look in your pump basket, you may see a lot of air through the lid. You may also see air bubbling OUT of return lines or air building up in the filter tank. A quick fix in this situation would be making sure your pump basket lid is secured with a lubed O-ring that isn’t cracked or rotting.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Denham » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi
Thanks for that,that seems to make sense but would I see water spilling over in to the pump house box?
Denham

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Espanabums » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm

You may if the selector switch housing is cracked or if the o ring in the filter basket on top of the pump has perished.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro