Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Alicante airport

Re: Alicante airport

Postby Rhaphanidosis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

They laid on buses from valencia to alicante, but not the other way round.

Update, she has now been told that the earliest available flight with RA is Friday. Work that bugger out!
Rhaphanidosis

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Bee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:29 pm

The Airport will remain closed until yomorrow morning due to the high winds from storm Gloria. It says there are buses to take passrngers to Murcia and Valencia from IFA -the exhibition centre - exact address on the link.
https://www.feria-alicante.com/

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby AndyC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Surely the high winds must be at Murcia and Valencia as well, they're not that far apart.
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sage » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 pm

But those airports haven't been damaged by fire like Alicante.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby The Accountant » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:49 pm

My boy should be on Ryanair Gatwick to Alicante landing at 21:05. Showing a 20 minute delay at his end, but the Alicante airport link says it is scheduled and on time. If it lands at Corvera he will have to bus to Alicante to pick up his car.
The Accountant

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm

AndyC I think it's to do with the debris left by the fire they had on Thursday. Can't have that sucked into the engine. On saying that thought they would have cleared it all up.
Chrisdee

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:06 pm

loners wrote:I would just like to thank all for thier reply,
Also on Sunday to an. other for the sarcastic reply of a hint
Not intended to be sarcastic at all, simply that it may not have been immediately apparent where to find the arrivals and departures.

When I looked apart from one flight from Croatia or somewhere similar there were no apparent delays or cancellations.

I won't bother next time.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Shiva » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:24 pm

A.N.Other wrote:
loners wrote:I would just like to thank all for thier reply,
Also on Sunday to an. other for the sarcastic reply of a hint
Not intended to be sarcastic at all, simply that it may not have been immediately apparent where to find the arrivals and departures.

When I looked apart from one flight from Croatia or somewhere similar there were no apparent delays or cancellations.

I won't bother next time.
A. N Other you obviously meant well , your post did come across as a bit sarcastic ( along the lines of 'look it up !') when the official sites are all very confusing and contradictory - eg the airport is CLOSED but their site still shows some flights as scheduled ) I can understand why people are seeking information from 'fellow travellers' on the TQ site as to what it is really like on the ground. But you clearly didn't mean to be snarky , that's the trouble with written comms sometimes, especially short messages, they can come across differently from intended.

I am due to be flying into Alicante tomorrow morning. We'll see. Will go with the flow, might end up in Murcia, who knows. But flying IN not so bad, and worst comes to worst can make my own way home one way or another at a leisurely pace. I'd hate to be trying to fly out and struggling to get to the various airports.
Shiva

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:56 pm

One problem is that there are rapid changes and because of that decisions are made on the fly.

I got this from a friend, flying in today

“Flight was to land at Alicante at 10.15 this morning. Rerouted to Valencia because of the closure. Aborted landing into Valencia at 10 o’clock due to bad weather. Eventually rerouted to Zaragoza. Hung about there for a few hours until coaches were sorted. We eventually leave for 5 hour transfer to Alicante but are told bus needs to go via Valencia airport...

So, the bus pulls into an open air carpark at Valencia Airport in the middle of a storm about 1/4 mile from the terminal and driver says she was only told to take us to Valencia and had no idea about further arrangements, Soaked and frozen we struggle to the terminal where a member of Ryanair staff says that’s your bus is there and points us to the bus we were on. We are still en route Alicante airport. ”
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Valencia airport has now cancelled 10 flights and diverted 21 to other airports due to strong winds according to N332
Chrisdee

PreviousNext