Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving from France to Quesada

Re: Driving from France to Quesada

Postby Calledali » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Try using ASFA route planning website. You can enter waypoints and plan for tolls or minimal tolls.
I have driven from Tyneside via tunnel, than Rouen, Dreux, Vendome, Poitiers, Angouleme, Dax, tolls so far approx 30€, then Oloron Sainte Marie, the to a lovely stopover in Candanchu, either hotel Candanchu or Eidelwiess. Your first stopover will depend on your crossing time, but I generally use Dreux or Evreux, plenty of pet friendly. Hotels. Tha last day is a 7 hours run via Zaragoza, Valencia, la Font de la Figuera, Alicante, Quesada. A long drive especially with the new speed limits in France, but lovely scenery especially in the mountains.
I drive to quesada solo, and my preferred route is via Portsmouth - Caen, pet friendly cabin on overnight ferry, Nantes, Bordeaux, Jaca, Valencia etc.only 1 overnight needed in addition to ferry.
Enjoy the time planning it. ASFA times I find fairly accurate and allow for a comfort break every 2 hours.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Thatch1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

We spend 2 months in Spain, then 2 months in The UK. (Jan-Feb, May-Jun, Sep-Oct) in Spain. We enjoy the Portsmouth to St Malo crossing, and have stop overs on the way down, around Bordeaux and Tuedela. During the summer months we use Yellow Village and Sandaya campsites. This makes the trip part of the holiday.
Thatch1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills X1

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:15 am

Something worth a reminder is that after the transition period your 90 days will start from the moment you land on the continent (or depending on where immigration checks are actually carried out even possibly when you board your transport out of UK) so the time you spend on the journey to and from Spain will dilute the time you can spend there.

Cutting it fine for a drive back through France and have an unforseen delay (breakdown or French protest for instance) and all of a sudden you're an overstayer and potentially subject to whatever sanctions that might entail.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Johnny » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:01 am

If you use booking.com and put pet friendly into the filters all dog friendly hotels will show. We do it every year, there are many pet friendly hotels in France.
Johnny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby PGA » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:30 am

Are there no airlines that fly with pets from the U.K. out of interest? The in-laws fly via Norwegian air from Copenhagen down to ALC to visit us and the beloved springer spaniel accompanied them for about the same cost as a seat ticket.
PGA

Postby Stackhouse1 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:01 am

We drive across every summer with our dogs.We use the tunnel. We use a combination of toll and no tolls roads. A website About France gives excellent advice on driving in France and route information. I prefer a route via Rouen Dreux Chateaudun Angoleme Bordeaux then non toll roads through Spain via Pamplona Zaragoza Turuel Valencia Quesada. In France we have stopped in B and B Hotels ltd they charge 4 euro per dog per night. Good luck
Stackhouse1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Ian2009 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Thatch1 wrote:We spend 2 months in Spain, then 2 months in The UK. (Jan-Feb, May-Jun, Sep-Oct) in Spain. We enjoy the Portsmouth to St Malo crossing, and have stop overs on the way down, around Bordeaux and Tuedela. During the summer months we use Yellow Village and Sandaya campsites. This makes the trip part of the holiday.

We drive the same route - lovely scenery.
Just out of interest - like you we feel July and August are too hot for us - so we prefer 2 months on - 2 months off - but sadly we won’t be able to and you won’t be able to do Jan/Feb and May/June in 2021 onwards if the Schengen Rules are applied as anticipated as you will be in breach of the 90 in 180 days. (You would be 120 / 180)
Ian2009

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dońa Pepa

Previous