Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Best places to buy a new settee

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Best places to buy a new settee

Postby deanr » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 pm

just seeing where the best places are to look for a new corner settee?

Cheers
deanr

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Best places to buy a new settee

Postby Shiva » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Depends what you mean by best really, what you are looking for,leather or fabric, how much you want to spend, how far you are willing to travel... But having trailed round a number of places locally in Benimar, Benijofar and Quesada as well as looking online, I finally bought a sofa ( 3 seater in fabric) from Muebles Ballester in Benijofar and was very happy with the purchase and the service. Under 3 weeks from ordering it to have it made up in my chosen colour, nice design, very comfortable and free delivery. Paid a deposit and rest on delivery. Very reasonable price ( there was a sale on) , 3 seater cost c 650 euros.Had originally been looking at leather but there only seemed to be the enormous clunky recliner ones in the leather sofa shops. Much bigger choice in fabric.
Shiva

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:17 am

Conforama at Zenia Boulevard is worth a look. Also Sofa Land.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby PGA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:10 am

I ended up going Ikea largely because I was very restricted with a particular size that was needed for the shape of my lounge. Happy enough to be honest.

Hnos Garcia had some nice sofas and they offered a bespoke sizing service too on some of them. As always, very impressed with their customer care and certainly worth a look.

Wasn’t so impressed by sofaland.
PGA

Postby Babu » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am

Hnos Garcia are good with choice, quality, availability and service with quick delivery and surprisingly competitive on price considering the large size and decor of their stores.
To be honest, we found them to be cheaper than any of the "warehouse" style stores when we were looking . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:06 am

Only this week a neighbour complained about Conforama, they bought a 3 seater sofa with recliners each end, after 2 days it packed up on one side, they came out and said it's not under guarantee because there was a discount on it when they bought it. The discount was just a normal discount, not because it was faulty. Eventually after much arguing and going back a few times to actually see the manager they did order a spare part and fixed it and all OK but beware. Hnos Garcia are very good and I like a lot of things in Ikea but don't know about the quality and I think delivery is expensive? Another neighbour bought a corner unit from Conforama and the material kind of sagged and streched and didn't look nice after only a month or two, I believe they got their money back and bought from Ikea.

PeteKnight wrote:Conforama at Zenia Boulevard is worth a look. Also Sofa Land.

Pete.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby PGA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am

Babu wrote:Hnos Garcia are good with choice, quality, availability and service with quick delivery and surprisingly competitive on price considering the large size and decor of their stores.
To be honest, we found them to be cheaper than any of the "warehouse" style stores when we were looking . .

Agreed. We have bought quite a few bits from them and always found them to be excellent. As you say, the delivery service has also been prompt and very much "over and beyond" when we had a new king size bed delivered and it needed to go over the first floor balcony as it wouldn't fit around the staircase.

I have also enjoyed an almost personal shopper experience in there where we have been accompanied by a helpful staff member guiding us around what she thinks might be useful to you but not in a pushy way.
PGA

Postby PGA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 am

Chrisdee wrote:I like a lot of things in Ikea but don't know about the quality and I think delivery is expensive?

I think I paid about €50 - €60 for delivery. I took the opportunity to add a few book cases and other larger items to the order to get better value. Arguable whether its expensive or not, but I was happy with what I paid overall for what I got so combine Ikea "value" with the delivery charge and I still think it compared favourably price wise as well as quality.
PGA

Postby ALAN T » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:23 pm

We are also looking to replace our lounge furniture, where is Hnos Garcia ?
Is Muebles Ballester near the Wok in Benimar ?

Thanks Alan T
ALAN T

Which part of Spain are you from?: quedada

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Hnos Garcia is along the Crevilente road towards Carrefour, just by Sprinter the sports shop. Another one is further up by the park of Nations and another one up at Avienda De Las Valencianas by the Nissan Garage/Roundabout
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next