Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Visiting Barcelona

Visiting Barcelona

Postby Sylvia57 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:55 am

Hello everyone

We are driving from Alicante to Barcelona in March. Looking for a place to stay for 6 nights if anyone can recommend somewhere. There are 4 adults and a baby so thinking renting a apartment would be the best option.

Is there parking in Barcelona city ? or should we use public transport ?

Any recommendations on best places to visit and where to buy tickets would be appreciated.

Our first trip to Barcelona !

Thank you.
Sylvia
Sylvia57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Re: Visiting Barcelona

Postby Creed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:22 am

Sylvia57 wrote:Hello everyone

We are driving from Alicante to Barcelona in March. Looking for a place to stay for 6 nights if anyone can recommend somewhere. There are 4 adults and a baby so thinking renting a apartment would be the best option.

Is there parking in Barcelona city ? or should we use public transport ?

Any recommendations on best places to visit and where to buy tickets would be appreciated.

Our first trip to Barcelona !

Thank you.
Sylvia

Hi
we have visited Barcelona. on lots of occasions. and its simply amazing place. and loads to do. we stayed
in El Poblenou , and we stayed in the Travellodge. free parking. its a bit out. roughly 5 mins to the beach and a good 45 mins walk to the centre. along the coast. walk past the marina. or you can get a bus to the centre. due to limited parking. Bus number 16. stops outside the Banco es spans.
simply enjoy.
Creed

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby LSpring40 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Look on airbnb
LSpring40

Postby johnno » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:39 am

Have a look at Poble Espanyol, Mirablau (excellent views from cafe/bar, especially as it gets dark, but parking often busy), Barceloneta Beach, Magic Fountain, Port Cable Car, La Rambla, La Sagrada Familia, various Gaudi buildings ...
johnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Masark » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm

A good place to stay is the Eixample, the modern barrio of the city built in the 19th and 20th centuries, with a square grid of streets. The Passeig de Gracia is the most elegant avenue, with upscale stores. Good shopping streets downtown are Portal de l’Angel, Portaferrisa and Pelayo.
El Corte Ingles is a large department store located at Plaza de Catalunya. Maremagnum is located by the port and is a mall that is open also on Sunday, when most shops are closed.
The most important sights are the Modernist sites, which are the Gaudi sites and the Lluis Domenech sites.
Prebook the Sagrada Familia Basilica, the Palau de la Musica Catalana, Park Guell and the Picasso Museum.
Good restaurants in the Eixample:
1. El Nacional (Passeig de Gracia, 24; Tel: 935-185-053 ) - A big building with a very beautiful and original interior design, with 5 restaurants and one long bar. Moderately priced.
2. La Palmera (Enric Granados, 57; Tel: 934-532-338) - Very good tasting menu.
3. Tenorio (Passeig de Gracia, 37; Tel: 932-720-592) - A large attractive restaurant.
4. La Rita (Arago, 279; Tel: 934-872-376) - Has an inexpensive menu of the day. Great food.
5. Cerveseria Catalana (Mallorca, 236; Tel: 932-160-368) - Very good tapas place.
For us since there were 2 adults and 2 teens I wanted to have no hassle at the airport. I pre-booked barcelona airport transfers or taxi. It was very nice after a long flight to arrive, go through customs, and see my name on a board for ride to hotel. We were quickly taken to our hotel.
Masark