Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

At What Stage Of License Application Can You Start Renting?

Re: At What Stage Of License Application Can You Start Renti

Postby marcliff » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Paulwilko10 wrote:Thanks all

Just had it confirmed by my solicitor that indeed that info is incorrect as suspected.

As mentioned on here, i need the number, the plate and the ability to tell the police, that can't be done without the license.
So I will just have to be patient :-)

Thanks again

Paul

Yes, I was wondering about that. I thought, maybe, you could advertise it but not actually rent it until the licence came through but it has been said you have to put the licence number on any short term let advert. (which is a rule on here as well).
You couldn't do that until you actually had a licence.

Aside from that, I wonder if the rules for Brits will change next year. Non-EU citizens who rent have to pay 24% tax, which in itself isn't too bad, but they can't claim expenses which could be a bit of a b... breaker.
Hopefully it won't be that draconian for the Brits.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby dolores » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:30 pm

On receipt of my Licence I had to do as already said .

Advertise on web site with number of my licence on the advert this is mandatary as per Valencia decree .

On the inside door clearly visible one has to display

Licence

Energy Certificate

also not been mentioned on here Public Liability Insurance (I use Intersure )

Do not put a plate outside as this can put your property at risk and the renters(advised by my lawyer ).

Tax on holiday lets and no expenses can be deducted as already said .

Communities can also levy a tax on rental properties as these people are using the facilities, this is legal as I have already checked some are adding 10 % on community fees and making it a requirement for people to tell the community of people renting illegially .

Some people last week were not happy that people were complaining about owners renting their peoperties illegially , as someone who has been paying tax on my rental income for the past three years after getting my licence and vetting the renters so that they do not disturb other residents I totally agree with them , after all, on communities they are using the facilities which other owners have to pay for !!

Summary on the above

24% on the Gross rental income

10-12% to websites

10 % on Community fees ( that has been implemented on some communities )

Fees to fiscal advisor to declare rental income every quarter .

Expenses non deductable

One has to work out if it is worth it .
dolores

Which part of Spain are you from?: France /Pueblo Bravo

Postby Bee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:33 pm

You have to tick the box on the Declaration at C on The Application Form for your licence to say you have Insurance. it is not an optional extra.

"Que dispone de un seguro de responsablilidad civil u otra garantia equivalent para cubrir los danos y perjuicios que pueden provocarse in el desarrollo de su actividad"

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulwilko10 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 pm

dolores wrote:On receipt of my Licence I had to do as already said .

Advertise on web site with number of my licence on the advert this is mandatary as per Valencia decree .

On the inside door clearly visible one has to display

Licence

Energy Certificate

also not been mentioned on here Public Liability Insurance (I use Intersure )

Do not put a plate outside as this can put your property at risk and the renters(advised by my lawyer ).

Tax on holiday lets and no expenses can be deducted as already said .

Communities can also levy a tax on rental properties as these people are using the facilities, this is legal as I have already checked some are adding 10 % on community fees and making it a requirement for people to tell the community of people renting illegially .

Some people last week were not happy that people were complaining about owners renting their peoperties illegially , as someone who has been paying tax on my rental income for the past three years after getting my licence and vetting the renters so that they do not disturb other residents I totally agree with them , after all, on communities they are using the facilities which other owners have to pay for !!

Summary on the above

24% on the Gross rental income

10-12% to websites

10 % on Community fees ( that has been implemented on some communities )

Fees to fiscal advisor to declare rental income every quarter .

Expenses non deductable

One has to work out if it is worth it .

You do wonder if it is worth it, but assuming we get rentals, it should bring in some decent money.
Regarding the community, i understand this could happen although i am going to the meeting in March to discuss our plans and if we are charged more, then i will ask that we're not and we will not let the renters use the pool which is about the only facility. We already pay for everything else. We have our own pool so no need for the community pool to be used anyway.

Why 10-12% to websites?
As i understand it, Airbnb is free to list but 3% when rented?

Airbnb, my Own website and maybe one other will not come to 10 or 12 % unless i am misunderstanding

We already have rentals insurance

Thanks

Paul
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Postby jpeg » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm

make sure you have Public Liability insurance
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby jpeg » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm

make sure you have Public Liability insurance
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby polop » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Paul
Regarding community charging extra for owners renting properties, we had something similar but then it started causing problem,for instance we have a car park, renters use this so some owners objected and said no, but they can't park outside ?? It actually became a pain...best of luck to all
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Previous