Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

At What Stage Of License Application Can You Start Renting?

At What Stage Of License Application Can You Start Renting?

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Hiya

I have read quite a bit on getting a license but every now and then i read that people can start renting when you have applied for a license.
Does anyone know if this is true or do you have to wait until it is all complete before renting legally?

Be shame to miss the summer if i can avoid it

Many thanks

Paul
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Re: At What Stage Of License Application Can You Start Renti

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:23 pm

As far as I understand it, you can’t start renting until you actually have your licence, and have had your sign made with your licence number, and have your login to allow you to register your guests in the police computer system.

If you rent beforehand and are found out then I’d expect your application to be rejected (along with a fine of course).
As you wouldn’t be able to register your guests, as required by the police, or declare the income to the tax man on a quarterly basis then you’d be breaking multiple laws.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:27 pm

PeteKnight wrote:As far as I understand it, you can’t start renting until you actually have your licence, and have had your sign made with your licence number, and have your login to allow you to register your guests in the police computer system.

If you rent beforehand and are found out then I’d expect your application to be rejected (along with a fine of course).
As you wouldn’t be able to register your guests, as required by the police, or declare the income to the tax man on a quarterly basis then you’d be breaking multiple laws.

Pete.

Thanks Pete
Yeah that is what i thought, just confused me when i read on a lawyers website that you can as part of a reply to a customer's question. I'll see if i can dig it out.

Thanks again

Paul
Paulwilko10

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm

PeteKnight wrote:As far as I understand it, you can’t start renting until you actually have your licence, and have had your sign made with your licence number, and have your login to allow you to register your guests in the police computer system.

Pete.

Found it

https://www.spanishsolutions.net/blog/newsletters/how-to-obtain-a-tourist-licence-valencia-community/

This is part of an answer on that page
"1. You can ad­vert­ise the prop­erty for rent once you´ve made the ap­plic­a­tion. (or once we´ve made it for you)"
Paulwilko10

Postby jpeg » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Should say "once the application has been accepted "

Should point out that you must start renting the property within 2 months of the licence being granted
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Hmmm, reading through some of those answers to questions I'd give this company a wide berth.
Even though they seem to give the impression that they do this all the time, some of their answers seem at odds with what we're reading elsewhere on the forums.

I'd take the time to read through this series of articles, and the corresponding questions and answers...
https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/a ... ain-54868/

Pete.
PeteKnight

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Thanks all

Just had it confirmed by my solicitor that indeed that info is incorrect as suspected.

As mentioned on here, i need the number, the plate and the ability to tell the police, that can't be done without the license.
So I will just have to be patient :-)

Thanks again

Paul
Paulwilko10

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:59 pm

Sounds like our solicitor is much better than the SpanishSolutions cowboys!
Might be a good time to make sure that you have everything in place ready to go when you do get your licence. If you're using AirBnB then get registered and have the photos and text uploaded and ready to push the button.
Also sort out your visitor's manual, complaints book etc and maybe get someone to do a dummy run to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Postby Paulwilko10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:11 pm

PeteKnight wrote:Sounds like our solicitor is much better than the SpanishSolutions cowboys!
Might be a good time to make sure that you have everything in place ready to go when you do get your licence. If you're using AirBnB then get registered and have the photos and text uploaded and ready to push the button.
Also sort out your visitor's manual, complaints book etc and maybe get someone to do a dummy run to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

Pete.

Excellent advice Pete, thanks
We have had friends and Family stay and they all say it is nice and has everything, but sometimes you think they are just being kind lol.

The big decision is where to advertise.

I am sure they all have pros and cons
Any advice on that?
Paulwilko10

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 pm

I don’t rent myself, but have a friend who rents his condo in Thailand. He did quite a bit of research and tried a couple of direct ways of doing it, before settling on AirBnB, which he uses exclusively now and really likes.

One other thought, when you register with the local police for a login, they may want to know the details of your keyholder (as I guess it will be them who do the meet & greet, passport checking and online registration). If you haven’t already got an agency or person lined-up for this then that’s something else you can be doing in the meantime.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Next