Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cancer support

Cancer support

Postby Alisunshines » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Are there any support groups in this area for people who have cancer and are having chemo and radiotherapy and need to to talk to people who have been through the same thing. Thanks
Alisunshines

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Cancer support

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:32 pm

You could try the AECC
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby colint » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm

the Rojales AECC only speak Spanish and not much help as my wife went through the same thing aecc are in torry hospital on the ground floor next door to the chapel and you can talk to them there in the mornings ..if you wan to meet up for a coffee send me a pm and i will let my wife bobbie know Good luck with the Chemo
colint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby A.N.Other » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 am

A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:10 am

Are the Pink Ladies still going? Often see them around collecting and giving advice and support for cancer sufferers in support of the Anti Cancer (?) charity.
Ah, here we go. ISTR it was called Maria and the Pink Ladies, perhaps you could give them a ring.

965 32 98 41
AACC Flamenca Beach
Flamenca Beach C.C., No 8 Lower level, Orihuela Costa, Alicante 03189 Spain Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Flamencox » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Do hope you find help and support, I personally know how important is to talk when my husband was sick. Thinking of you x
Flamencox

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 pm

marcliff wrote:Are the Pink Ladies still going? Often see them around collecting and giving advice and support for cancer sufferers in support of the Anti Cancer (?) charity.
Ah, here we go. ISTR it was called Maria and the Pink Ladies, perhaps you could give them a ring.

[url=tel:965 32 98 41]965 32 98 41[/url]
AACC Flamenca Beach
Flamenca Beach C.C., No 8 Lower level, Orihuela Costa, Alicante 03189 Spain Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm

Yes Pink Ladies are still going strong. AECC also offers free psychological therapy for cancer victims and their family, something you may find helpful. Give Maria a call or you can contact her via messenger through the website (link below). Alisunshines, I hope you find the help and support you need.

http://pinkladies.es/contact-maria-and-the-pink-ladies/
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby marianna13 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 pm

I have been through this myself (a few years ago now), and we had a fantastic support group when I was in the UK then. Am sure Maria/AECC will be able to help. I am going to see them about becoming a volunteer/helper, and I Think it would be good to have such a group in Quesada itself. Pm me if need further info/assistance. Best wishes
marianna13

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 pm

marianna13 wrote:I have been through this myself (a few years ago now), and we had a fantastic support group when I was in the UK then. Am sure Maria/AECC will be able to help. I am going to see them about becoming a volunteer/helper, and I Think it would be good to have such a group in Quesada itself. Pm me if need further info/assistance. Best wishes

Hi marianna, we’ve recently set up a Pink Ladies in Quesada and have done a couple of very successful events at Coopers Arms in Dona Pepa. Send me your details please so I can contact you when we do another one. Our Facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/Quesada-Pink-Ladies-Panthers-101940381238722/
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby marianna13 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Oh, that's great, thanks
marianna13