Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Face masks

Face masks

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Nothing to do with Quesada yet!

Coronovirus and face masks.

Thought I'd be prepared, so checked out the face masks that I have in the drawer, a couple of flimsy ones and 3 decent ones with vents on the front. But as there are 5 of us I would want to protect (if and when the time comes) thought I'd go to the chemist and buy or order some good ones. The pharmacist said "We only have 3 and cannot get anymore, there is no stock anywhere, the factories cannot supply any" . Everybody apparently is worried and buying them up.

So, if you think you may need one or two in the coming weeks/months, see if your chemist has them now, just a suggestion. I haven't checked online, dare say you can get them but don't know.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Face masks

Postby Babu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:14 pm

For the current situation, the informed opinion is that they are as useful as a chocolate teapot . . . but if it makes people feel they are doing something, hey ho . . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Adey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Babu wrote:For the current situation, the informed opinion is that they are as useful as a chocolate teapot . . . but if it makes people feel they are doing something, hey ho . . . .

So why do all the doctors wear them??
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Babu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Can only say what is being published . . . Professional (not just any old thing) filter masks offer some protection but you also need eye protection as eyes are also mucus membranes susceptible to viruses . . . masks are more effective from passing it on to others if you already have it rather than getting it in the first place . . . but if it gives confidence then why not?
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby daz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Lol, isn’t it funny what panics us, firstly, docs wear them for short term use, to protect the patient from anything the doctor might have picked up for another recent patient, secondly, they are only useful ‘short term’, as in half an hour, or an hour or so, and are designed that way for single use. Once they have been on to the point they become moist through to the other side with the users breath, they are useless. This is because most bugs rely on moisture to survive, so once in a wet mask, will find a way through to the other other side and become a problem to who ever is on the other side.

So, u need to buy a few hundred of these masks, for every human contact u make in a day, firstly one for you, and one for every person you come into close contact with, just incase they have just been in contact with someone else who might not show any symptoms yet. And you need enough supply to last you a few months until this is over with. Are you prepared for that cost?

Having said that, the sensible alternative is, keep yourself well, eat the right foods with various vitamins and nutrients in them, so you are healthy enough to deal with it “IF” you should be affected. So, just get out of the house, go about your day and enjoy yourself.

Or, good luck with whatever superstitious voodoo gives u peace of mind.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Ronnie112 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 am

Chrisdee wrote:Nothing to do with Quesada yet!

Coronovirus and face masks.

Thought I'd be prepared, so checked out the face masks that I have in the drawer, a couple of flimsy ones and 3 decent ones with vents on the front. But as there are 5 of us I would want to protect (if and when the time comes) thought I'd go to the chemist and buy or order some good ones. The pharmacist said "We only have 3 and cannot get anymore, there is no stock anywhere, the factories cannot supply any" . Everybody apparently is worried and buying them up.

So, if you think you may need one or two in the coming weeks/months, see if your chemist has them now, just a suggestion. I haven't checked online, dare say you can get them but don't know.

All the Chinese shops have loads of face masks all different ones I've seen them they have Mickey mouse,Donald duck,superman,spiderman two many to mention have a look :text-lol:
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:39 am

Adey wrote:So why do all the doctors wear them??
That's easy, when you've been brainwashed into believing that they do actually provide any worthwhile protection who would go anywhere near a doctor who wasn't wearing one.

Masks haven't prevented some doctors who've been close to the virus from dying have they, the guy who first raised the alarm last year for instance and was ordered to shut up and made to write a public retraction.

Look at all those poor sods on that cruise ship too, in the end neither masks nor quarantine achieved much for them did they?

Sadly there is also the fact that great portions of our fellow man are congenitally stupid, how else for instance do you explain them staying away from Chinese/Asian restaurants when there is absolutely no logic whatsoever to suggest you've got any greater chance of catching the virus there than by simply walking down the street?

This is how panics begin and next thing you know the supermarket shelves are stripped bare and you're wiping your arse with torn newspaper!

But hey, the world needs a good pandemic, mother nature will put up with the parasites who infest her attempting to destroy her only for so long.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby TonTri » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:43 am

I've just returned from holiday in Cape Town and I was amazed at the number of people wearing face masks, both in the airports and on the planes. They weren't just Asians either, Europeans, Brits, Americans were all wearing them.

There was even one woman at Cape Town airport smoking a cigarette with a face mask on, I couldn't stop myself from laughing at how ridiculous she looked :lol:
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sage » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:28 am

It's known that the virus can be caught by touching anything with the virus on with your hands and then touching your nose or mouth......something we all do, all the time. Wearing a mask just reminds us not to touch nose or mouth and restricts our ability to rub our eyes.

So, when travelling I'd say they are a worthwhile addition.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 am

GLOVES
Wear gloves when out and about. The last poster explained that we all have a tendency to touch our faces constantly, we don’t even realise that we are doing it! Wear gloves and always WASH YOUR HANDS AS WELL.
When flying, bring a pack of antiseptic wipes with you immediately seated , wipe the buckle on your belt, clean the front and back of your table top and all around your seats. I do this on every flight and it has stopped both of us from picking up germs..... I think anyway. You would be amazed how often I the tabletop is dirty so at least I feel happier cleaning it for my use. Hygiene is vital in all of our lives. NB. I coughed just now and quite likely put germs on this screen! So easy to spread these germs and none of us wants anything to do with Coronavirus so keep everything clean especially your hands and hopefully we will survive it and any other nasty bugs doing the rounds.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Next