Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

ibi / council tax

ibi / council tax

Postby Janetg » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Can anyone give me an idea of the ibi rates for a 3 bed semi detached house in Benijofer, not a large garden by any means, ( small pool 5x2 )
kind regards
Janetg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: ibi / council tax

Postby Lisaellis13 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:54 am

Our Suma on Lo Crispin is €400 paid in October, but the person that owns the property the previous January is responsible and I’m not 100% sure but I thought the amount was set by the local Town Hall for the area not the property size also there maybe Community Fees to pay to the Urbanisation.
Lisaellis13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Janetg » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 am

Ok thanks
We use to have a house in another part of Spain and was quite a bit more than that x so if it’s around that won’t be to bad xx
Janetg

Postby Steve4878 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 am

We have a large 4 bed villa in Benimar, Benijofar and pay approx 500€ per 12 month period, or 42€ per month.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Bee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am

You can calculate it on the SUMA website. If you know your Valor Cadastral it is calculated generally on 1% of that value. The Valor Cadastral can be estimated at 40-50% of your purchase price. You then need to know the rateable value issued from each Town Hall generally around October/December for the following September. Calculate it here from SUMA website https://www.suma.es/cuerpo_calc_imp.xhtml

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:51 am

Bee wrote:You can calculate it on the SUMA website. If you know your Valor Cadastral it is calculated generally on 1% of that value. The Valor Cadastral can be estimated at 40-50% of your purchase price. You then need to know the rateable value issued from each Town Hall generally around October/December for the following September. Calculate it here from SUMA website https://www.suma.es/cuerpo_calc_imp.xhtml

Bee

Depending on which council you come under, of course.
Rojales publishes the amount it charges and, in 2019, was 0.65% of the cadastral value. Councils typically charge 0.4 to 1.1 percent for their IBI.

Benijofar rate for 2019 was 0.6%.

Anyone wanting to find the percentage charged for IBI can access it at this site:

Council Information

If you enter the town name under the Population box then search for it will give you information about that council.
Under the Documents tab is loads of info including one that says I.B.I. and that will give you the historic percentage charged up until 2019.
If you know your cadastral value (which can be anything from 50 to 80 percent of the house value) you can then work out the IBI.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Janetg » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:44 am

thank you _). xx
Janetg

Postby Bee » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Marcliff all the Councils are on the SUMA site. Once you put in your Council on the link it automaticlly calculates with the up-to-date rate and shows you what the rate multiplyer is at the end of the calculation.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Yes, I know Bee. I posted the other one because it not only does the IBI but the car tax, details of population, plusvalia and loads of other things.
Just as something else for information, really.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2