Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

General discussion

General discussion

Postby HelenOfford » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:35 pm

Does anyone have any advise on having a bank account in Spain? We have an account Caixa Bank in Rojales. We have a house in Rojales Hills, used for family holidays. But just had a letter from Caixa saying from 1/4/20 about bank charges if we don’t have a salary over 600 euros or pension over 300 euros or maintain 20,000 euros in some investments also a minimum of 3 direct debits or 3 card purchases per quarter the fee per quarter will be 60 euros a quarter.
We do have a minimum of the three direct debits, but don’t maintain 20,000 euros or have pension or wages going in, as our main residence is in the UK
Can anyone give advise on a better bank ?
HelenOfford

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojalas Hills

Re: General discussion

Postby polop » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:41 pm

HelenOfford wrote:Does anyone have any advise on having a bank account in Spain? We have an account Caixa Bank in Rojales. We have a house in Rojales Hills, used for family holidays. But just had a letter from Caixa saying from 1/4/20 about bank charges if we don’t have a salary over 600 euros or pension over 300 euros or maintain 20,000 euros in some investments also a minimum of 3 direct debits or 3 card purchases per quarter the fee per quarter will be 60 euros a quarter.
We do have a minimum of the three direct debits, but don’t maintain 20,000 euros or have pension or wages going in, as our main residence is in the UK
Can anyone give advise on a better bank ?

Think you will find refers to resident in Spain, not non resident.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby A.N.Other » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:46 am

Your bank knows if you are resident or not as the accounts are different for each so no, it's not that.

Most are imposing these sort of charges so changing is not necessarily an answer.

Some are advocating switching to one of the wholly online banks.

I'm fortunate in having completely free banking so others will have to advise on that.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby GRSmith » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:36 am

Helen,
I was faced with the same issue. Talk to Caixa staff. You may beed to change the type of account you hold. I did and will now be paying €24 per quarter.
Gordon
GRSmith

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Flamencox » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm

Bankia (On account) every time no charges
Flamencox

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada