Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Stock piling

Re: Stock piling

Postby marcliff » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Oh, they'll all get restocked tonight. Go first thing in the morning before the hordes arrive and you should be OK.
Mind you, I went early this morning to Consum to get some batteries and they were queuing outside. Should have got the pots and toms whilst I was there instead of waiting until this afternoon.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:07 pm

I was speaking to my neighbour this afternoon, he is a manager of Mas y Mas the supermarket and he was saying they have 50 pallets of goods arriving in the morning. I said don't forgot my potatoes, he said 5kgs coming your way, so that's handy. I've not stockpiled but I've always got a supply of toilet rolls anyway and tins of bins and soup in the cupboard plus tuna and other bits and pieces. Even if it means having beans on toast every other night I'm not going to starve.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Glassfull » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:33 pm

Supermarkets will receive deliveries but no way will it be a total restock. Shelves will still be patchy and empty quickly for a few days yet
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Shiva » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 am

We'll all just have to go with the flow and see how things pan out. Very sorry for people whose livelihoods in danger. I recall trying to work around specific food shortages and rationing when I lived in Eastern Europe in the 1980s. One can be inventive. Hopefully this is all short lived...
Shiva

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:31 am

theres no shortage of foods, its just getting it on the supermarket shelves, and people not going mental buying it up, it should be rationed to so much per customer, the country wont let people starve,there would be riots on the streets and civil unrest , …………..perhaps that what the Chinese want, as part of there world domination plan, ;) the chinese goverment knew about this virus but kept it quite for months ,now look at the state of the world, it could be considered as germ warfare by stealth, some say the chinese all ready have the vaccine ,but aint sharing, No news from Russia,on this although the virus is there,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby marcliff » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 am

Any shortage of tin foil hats in the supermarkets?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Joyce » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:34 am

Consum manic yesterday no fresh vegetables, meat I saw a couple with a trolley piled high they couldn’t possibly eat all that in 15 days
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Iang » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:44 am

No shortage of beer !!
Iang

Postby ray-pc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:28 pm

panic buying and stockpiling causes shortages. selfishness reigns
ray-pc

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Bartolome

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:43 pm

My neighbour who is the manager of a large supermarket said by 0930 all fresh meat/fish and most of the veg had gone. He also said his big bosses have a very large smile on their faces. He also mentioned how selfish the bosses were by not looking after his employees, not supplying gloves or mask or hand sanitizers for them. He has had to supply gloves himeself for his workers for handling the money.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

PreviousNext