Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dogs on beach!!

Dogs on beach!!

Postby holly » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Before anyone has ago at me, i love dogs/cats etc and i wouldn't hurt any of them, but and it's a big but, can anyone tell me if on Guardamar beach you are alow ed to take dogs on the beach now.
The reason i am asking i saw 4 dogs on the beach today & saw the sign no dogs alowed or there will be a fine.
I also think when a dog pees which they have too but please carry a small bottle of water with you.I know people pick up there poo but please can you also put a drop of water over where they wee also.It's not a lot of trouble to carry water with you also.Sorry if i have upset people but remember there are children about so lets be responsible!!!thankyou
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Dogs on beach!!

Postby marcliff » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Dogs are not allowed on the beach but they seem to turn a blind eye to it in the winter months.
There are several dog friendly beaches and it's not really that far to the one at Santa Pola.
Seem to be fighting a losing battle, though.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby HarvHar2018 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Pretty much the same as no BBQ but you see them all the time
In my opinion the people that leave trash and bottles lying around and urinate on the beach are the real concern
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby El Tel » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:35 pm

marcliff wrote:Dogs are not allowed on the beach but they seem to turn a blind eye to it in the winter months.
There are several dog friendly beaches and it's not really that far to the one at Santa Pola.
Seem to be fighting a losing battle, though.

The beach we go to allow dogs in the Winter?
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby El Tel » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:38 pm

holly wrote:Before anyone has ago at me, i love dogs/cats etc and i wouldn't hurt any of them, but and it's a big but, can anyone tell me if on Guardamar beach you are alow ed to take dogs on the beach now.
The reason i am asking i saw 4 dogs on the beach today & saw the sign no dogs alowed or there will be a fine.
I also think when a dog pees which they have too but please carry a small bottle of water with you.I know people pick up there poo but please can you also put a drop of water over where they wee also.It's not a lot of trouble to carry water with you also.Sorry if i have upset people but remember there are children about so lets be responsible!!!thankyou

Since the 1st November 2019, it has been law that you carry a mixture of water and vinegar, half and half, for just such an eventuality, along with poo bags and documentation for your dog. We do but I have never seen anyone else do it?
El Tel

Postby JakkiB » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Doggy people, please clean up after your dogs. Do not feel embarrassed or stupid for doing so. I have been given thanks and once a standing ovation on the beach front in Torrevieja for doing so. This is about the future of out best friends, our family, our dogs. It doesn't take too much to do this.
There are people where we live who do not bother. Even one who picks up the poo and leaves it in the street, meters away from a bin. Sad people who give us all a bad name. We need to educate the people who feel it's not their problem. Yes, it is. As a dog lover and owner, I object to anyone who ignores this new law. CLEAN UP, RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE AND LEAVE US ALL WITH A CLEAN ENVIRONMENT. IT ISN'T DIFFICULT.
JakkiB

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Don't worry about it, even we are not allowed on the beaches now!! That's been locked down too. We're not allowed to walk on the sand and definitely not allowed to swim in the sea.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 pm

sofa.jpg
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja