Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mercadona new rules

Mercadona new rules

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:40 am

Starting from tomorrow Mercadona have introduced new prules/olicies. Cards only no cash, the elderly have been asked not to use it and people with chronic illness, they ask that you enter alone not as a family unit nor with children or friends. Gloves are to be worn at all times. This was from the Olivepress
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Mercadona new rules

Postby Tony W » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am

I really don't understand Mercadona's logic with this decision to ban elderly people from their shops. An 8 year old can spread this virus just as easily as a 80 year old .
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am

It's cocked my parents up as dad goes shopping, he hates using a card for one thing plus he's ancient but they are only requesting the elderly keep away so far not banning them.
Chrisdee

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am

my parents ,86,85 just started using mercadonnas delivery service, can you not pay with your card, and your dad reimburse you in cash?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Dinkelharper » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 am

Tony W wrote:I really don't understand Mercadona's logic with this decision to ban elderly people from their shops. An 8 year old can spread this virus just as easily as a 80 year old .

I think it’s more about elderly are more likely to get the virus. It’s a safety issue for the elderly, rather getting the virus and not about spreading it.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 am

I've said I'll get their shopping it's not a problem. Mum said today, we managed through the war we'll manage through this. We might be skinny by the end of it!
Last edited by Chrisdee on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisdee

Postby hobnob » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:59 am

Hi.Christee...do Mercadona supply the gloves on entry or do you have to take your own...if its your own then I will have to go shopping to try and find some...Oh Wait !
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:01 am

They have them by the fruit and veg
Chrisdee

Postby djw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:46 am

I have just been to mercadona between benijofar and quesada and they took cash from me. I do have a card but as I never use it I have real difficulty remembering the number. They were fine about it but I think they are more concerned about people keeping their distance and using the sanitizer and wiping the trolley handle as you go in with the items provided. They do have security in the store. Thier stock is low but has the essential items.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Madcatwoman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:53 am

If you go to www.mercadona.es press English then About us and then Press Hall you will find the latest information from the horses mouth. It does not say you have to pay by card but recommends it and all this came into force yesterday not for tomorrow. All the info on the official website for all to read. Happy shopping as I'm off there for the first time in a week....no I didnt stock pile!lol!
Madcatwoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Next