Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RYANAIR

Re: RYANAIR

Postby Dot » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi, does anyone know if car hire is ok at Alicante?
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Paul58 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Paul58 wrote:
karen jones wrote:We were due to fly to Leeds bradford on 26 march. So far just received an email that we can change to date without paying the chance fee.

Check your status online with Ryanair. We're due to fly back to the UK around the same time and they've unchecked us. We don't want to change our flight so we've checked in again.

If our flight is cancelled we're happy to remain in Spain until they can get us back on their next available flight, which could be in April or even May. If you want to change your flight you'll still have to pay the difference in fare just not the admin' fee.

Update......Our Ryanair flight to UK on 25th is now showing as cancelled on "mybooking" on Ryanair. No contact from Ryanair whatsoever.
Going to go the EU261 compensation claim route and book another flight sometime in April.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paulr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:36 am

Today's update on Ryanair's website:

"From 24:00 hrs Wed 18 Mar until 24:00 hrs Tue 24 Mar, Ryanair Group Airlines will cut flight schedules by over 80%. All affected customers will receive an email to advise them of their options and we kindly ask customers not to call us as our call centres are overloaded dealing with customer queries.

"From 24:00 hrs Tue 24 Mar we expect that most if not all Ryanair Group flights will be grounded, except for a very small number of flights to maintain essential connectivity, mostly between the UK and Ireland. Details of these severely reduced schedule can be found on the Travel Advisory page on the Ryanair.com website, which will be updated regularly."

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/travel-up ... WED-18-MAR
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Paul58 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:07 am

Paulr wrote:Today's update on Ryanair's website:

"From 24:00 hrs Wed 18 Mar until 24:00 hrs Tue 24 Mar, Ryanair Group Airlines will cut flight schedules by over 80%. All affected customers will receive an email to advise them of their options and we kindly ask customers not to call us as our call centres are overloaded dealing with customer queries.

"From 24:00 hrs Tue 24 Mar we expect that most if not all Ryanair Group flights will be grounded, except for a very small number of flights to maintain essential connectivity, mostly between the UK and Ireland. Details of these severely reduced schedule can be found on the Travel Advisory page on the Ryanair.com website, which will be updated regularly."

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/travel-up ... WED-18-MAR

There have been no additional announcements or restrictions imposed by either the UK or Spanish governments and UK & Spanish airports remain open. This decision by Ryanair to ground it's flights is purely financial and within it's control. This should be a clear case for EU261 compensation claims from affected passengers.

We've tried to change our flights but are faced with extra flight charges imposed by Ryanair, even though they've waived their flight change admin charge. Even if we change our flight to the beginning of April there's no guarantee that Ryanair won't just cancel that one. We can't do anything until Ryanair advise when they will be flying.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jonnno » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 am

I am hoping to put mine back to next year. EasyJet have just released cheap flights from October.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Chrisdeano » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 pm

had our flight out next week cancelled with the chance to either rebook or get refund, however flight home 4 days later not cancelled and they dont recognise our booking for a refund and they dont answer any forms of correspondence, guess they are busy
Chrisdeano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Bottlebrook » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Chrisdeano wrote:had our flight out next week cancelled with the chance to either rebook or get refund, however flight home 4 days later not cancelled and they dont recognise our booking for a refund and they dont answer any forms of correspondence, guess they are busy

Exactly the same for us - our booking reference for a return flight is not recognised. As yet only the outbound flight has been cancelled and the return leg of the journey is still showing as active, so presumably in a few days it will be cancelled too and then the reference number will work.
Bottlebrook

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby JustGinger » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm

We were due to come to Spain for a long weekend from 18 - 22 March. Ryanair did not cancel our outward flight on 18 March meaning we lost the money for that flight as we had checked in and couldn't change it (the excess on our travel insurance was more than the cost of the flight). They have now cancelled our return flights. Good job we didn't fly out or we'd be stranded. Good old Ryanair!
JustGinger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dot » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi, if your flight is cancelled does anyone know what happens with car hire?if its booked on line with no cancellation.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby TonTri » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:46 pm

I know it's not Ryanair, but I've had an email tonight from Vueling that my flight home on April 22nd has been cancelled. They allowed me to rebook for May 2nd at no extra charge including the same seat I'd paid for on my original booking. It looks as though they've cancelled all flights between now and the beginning of May.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext