Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RYANAIR

Re: RYANAIR

Postby blingle » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:57 pm

TonTri wrote:I know it's not Ryanair, but I've had an email tonight from Vueling that my flight home on April 22nd has been cancelled. They allowed me to rebook for May 2nd at no extra charge including the same seat I'd paid for on my original booking. It looks as though they've cancelled all flights between now and the beginning of May.

I'd have thought that if a flight for the 22nd April gets cancelled, it's VERY unlikely that a flight 10 days later will depart.

Could be wrong...but I think we're in for the very long haul. :-(
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi all. Does anyone know how far ahead in the calendar Ryanair is accepting rescheduling from UK to Alicante?

JG
Crazylegs

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel de Salina

Postby Lockey57 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:18 am

My flight has been cancelled for 5th April, it says I can request a refund and let’s you put all details in and then comes up with the booking ref is incorrect, I have googled this problem and loads are saying the same and can not get through to Ryanair on phone or live chat, looks like they have a problem trying to sort this although they won’t like refunding!! Luckily I purchased via credit card so I can claim back via them if no joy with Ryanair.
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Des » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:09 am

My flight home next Wednesday has been cancelled, only found out yesterday morning when I went on the website to check, I was on the iPad all day trying to rebook, first date available was 29 March, 7 hours later and continually being timed out despite getting to the point of picking day and time but no further, the first date available was 1 May but still unable book it,at that point I gave up. I will try again today but if it the same it could be June when I get back. Oh by the way i got email last night from Ryanair sayIng that my flight was cancelled giving the option to rebook or get a refund, what a joke.
Des

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bottlebrook » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:22 am

After trying unsuccessfully yesterday (with my booking reference not being recognised), I received an email late last night with a link to a pre-filled refund form which worked. This was acknowledged with a promise that the money would be refunded within seven days.
Bottlebrook

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby suzi wong » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:38 am

We flew bAck to East Midlands yesterday with Ryanair,the plane was half empty, & actually took off early, when I looked on the app.yesterday morning it was saying too late flight fully booked.Are they being forced to fly under capacity or are people not turning up?
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Paul58 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:46 am

Lockey57 wrote:My flight has been cancelled for 5th April, it says I can request a refund and let’s you put all details in and then comes up with the booking ref is incorrect, I have googled this problem and loads are saying the same and can not get through to Ryanair on phone or live chat, looks like they have a problem trying to sort this although they won’t like refunding!! Luckily I purchased via credit card so I can claim back via them if no joy with Ryanair.

Our Ryanair flight back to the UK on the 25th is cancelled and we're getting the same message when applying for a refund. It might be that the booking ref' isn't recognised until after the flight due date.
We've just booked an alternative flight with Easyjet at a much cheaper price than Ryanair were asking. We'll sort the refund out later.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul58 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am

Bottlebrook wrote:After trying unsuccessfully yesterday (with my booking reference not being recognised), I received an email late last night with a link to a pre-filled refund form which worked. This was acknowledged with a promise that the money would be refunded within seven days.

We're having the same problem. When were your flights due?
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bottlebrook » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am

Paul58 wrote:
Bottlebrook wrote:After trying unsuccessfully yesterday (with my booking reference not being recognised), I received an email late last night with a link to a pre-filled refund form which worked. This was acknowledged with a promise that the money would be refunded within seven days.

We're having the same problem. When were your flights due?

Our flights were outbound: 26 March (Alicante - UK), returning 30 March (UK - Alicante)

The link provided in the email took me to a pre-filled refund claim form which was slightly different to the one I had tried unsuccessfully yesterday.
Bottlebrook

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby marcliff » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:26 am

suzi wong wrote:We flew bAck to East Midlands yesterday with Ryanair,the plane was half empty, & actually took off early, when I looked on the app.yesterday morning it was saying too late flight fully booked.Are they being forced to fly under capacity or are people not turning up?

If you look at previous posts you'll see that travel reservations must be limited to one third of the available seats to maintain the isolation space. This applies to trains as well as planes.

UK (and Irish) based airlines are still flying into Spain to repatriate those who are stuck in the country. With hotels etc closing by next Tuesday they have to go somewhere. Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus are flying some flights empty to Spain to collect Irish tourist who will be stranded.

Jet2, the one which turned flights around in mid-air, is also flying empty to bring stranded passengers back and EasyJet is doing the same thing.

I assume this will all stop once the hotels do go into close down mode.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext