Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RYANAIR

Re: RYANAIR

Postby garyizme » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Lockey57 wrote:My flight has been cancelled for 5th April, it says I can request a refund and let’s you put all details in and then comes up with the booking ref is incorrect, I have googled this problem and loads are saying the same and can not get through to Ryanair on phone or live chat, looks like they have a problem trying to sort this although they won’t like refunding!! Luckily I purchased via credit card so I can claim back via them if no joy with Ryanair.

me too
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Niktam » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:16 pm

garyizme wrote:
Lockey57 wrote:My flight has been cancelled for 5th April, it says I can request a refund and let’s you put all details in and then comes up with the booking ref is incorrect, I have googled this problem and loads are saying the same and can not get through to Ryanair on phone or live chat, looks like they have a problem trying to sort this although they won’t like refunding!! Luckily I purchased via credit card so I can claim back via them if no joy with Ryanair.

me too

Yes, same again it looks like they don't want to refund???
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby AllanK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Me too, it's what you expect from Ryanair.
AllanK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby garyizme » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Seems to be proceeding now after clicking a link on the cancellation email. 7 day wait but as long as it comes.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Sage » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Let's not forget Ryanair are a low cost airline so the speed of their administration isn't going to compare favourably to other premium airlines. You basically get what you pay for.....so don't expect to much or it might lead to disappointment. Cheap flights often mean average performance. Although some people have done well from their share performance last year.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Des » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:05 pm

I went to the airport yesterday to try to get my return flight changed to the any flight to get me back to the UK in particular East Midlands airport where my car is parked. The women on the Ryanair desk said that the last flight was leaving soon and that was the last one for the foreseeable future, unfortunately I would not have been able to get back in time so could not book on it. I personally don’t want a refund, I just want to get home.
Des

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sage » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Can't you book any flight to the UK with any airline and then catch a train ?

Ok, expensive, but at least you get home.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Des » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm

I had a quick look and there doesn’t seem to be any, I’m not particularly rushing to get back, well not when the sun comes out. I can get the car parking extended, at a cost, but I don’t have a date, also things like home and travel insurance have limits on how long you can be away and still be covered. I do have a booking to come back from May to July so at worse I can return in July if they are not cancelled:-)
I can see there is a financial problem for the airlines but we have all paid for the flights and they Make a lot of profit normally I’m also sure governments will help them out so a little good will from them wouldn’t go amiss.
Des

Postby Slater39 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Ryanair have been great throughout this they have kept flying people back home. You will get your refunds but it will take a little time to sort everyone out. Yes they are cheaper than most but I can say I've never had a problem with them.
Slater39

Postby TonTri » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:47 pm

The only way for me to get back in April is to go from Alicante to Amsterdam with KLM and then from Amsterdam to Cardiff, takes 7 and a half hours but a fairly reasonable £145. It looks as though most airlines have cancelled direct flights to the UK from the end of March.
TonTri

Previous