Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Protective Gloves

Protective Gloves

Postby Espanabums » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 pm

I am just thinking out loud here.

Is the wearing of gloves giving people a false sense of security. Given that the main reason for washing your hands regularly is to kill any of the virus that you may have picked up from surfaces, to lessen the chance that you may touch your mouth, nose or eyes.

Surely if you wear gloves whilst shopping you will be less careful about touching surfaces unnecessarily, and may touch your face. You can always use hand sanitiser when you have completed your shop.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Re: Protective Gloves

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Totally agree, just as likely to be counterproductive as beneficial, same as face masks really.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby marcliff » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Tch, tch. Not many ex squaddies on here that know their decontamination drills then.

Have to start up a boot camp......oh, hang on, can't go to the drill hall either.
Ah, well, you'll just have to be a bit more careful then

Here's a hint. Before removing the gloves or the face mask, sprinkle them with talcum powder (unless you have Fuller's earth of course, which is far better). Then blot the talcum powder with a tissue, bang the powder and then rub it all round, especially the bit that meets your skin.
Blog, bang, rub.
Remove mask and gloves and put everything in a sealable bag or bin.
Now you can all sleep easy.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby A.N.Other » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:17 am

All very well if you are donning them in a known/guaranteed virus free environment.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby anthomo16 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 am

The reason that I will wear gloves is that I read on a forum about an elderly man (I am an elderly woman) the man no gloves, picked up the fruit tested it by squeezing, put it down and did the same with several other pieces of fruit.
Also if and when I go shopping I will sanitize my fruit and veg before cooking and eating. My take only.
anthomo16

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby JanBee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:01 pm

I thought the same about people wearing gloves to be honest? I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in the car and when I have to shop, I use it before I go in and also when I get back into the car. I also wash all fruit and veg before using. I don't use a mask as I've heard they aren't much use? Not sure if this is true or not though? In essence, I'm indoors most of the time anyway, as we all should be!
Just stay safe everyone and look after each other!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada