Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car Hire,

Car Hire,

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 am

Weeks ago, before lockdown rules came into force,has any one thought that when they hire a car,that the previous hirer could have had the covid 19 virus or even the delivery driver from compound to airport, unbeknown to there selves ,then the hirer drives it away ,switches aircon on ,and out it comes from the aircon system , cant see car hire company's deep cleaning the cars, that's probably one of the reasons for abiding by the lockdown rules..just a thought...…………...
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Re: Car Hire,

Postby Chrissieb » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:11 am

I work (well, not sure if I still have a job) for a small car hire company and that thought has been crossing my mind for a while.

Our office is only manned by two people, but we have a main office as well. But in our office, we don't just do reservations and client service, we also have to clean the cars. That in itself can be quite disgusting at times, as some people seem to think that it's ok to leave the cars in a filthy state.

But we did take care to wash our hands and not touch other things, but it was inevitable that the phone would ring and we had to answer it without washing hands.

I am not too worried about the aircon though, as it is not an airborne virus, it just spreads by droplets.
But potentially there could have been people with COVID-19 in any one of those cars.

But so far we have not heard of any of our clients being sick.

More worrying is of course that we have had to cancel all bookings for the foreseeable future and I am panicking about not having a job. Even if things come right in a few months, it will take quite a while for the economy to go back to normal, so i am guessing most people will put their holidays on hold.

I never thought I would be living through something like this, it is very worrying.
And the adventure continues... :-)
Chrissieb

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis