Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have workers been checked for virus

Re: Have workers been checked for virus

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:04 pm

You have to try everything that's possible, every little helps as Tesco says
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gasgit » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:26 pm

For as long as I can remember handling cash has a risk attached to it, I was unaware of it for several years until I started emptying gas meters in the 70s , I have come across someone who was extremely ill from handling money,
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I don't really see the point of being tested if you feel well, you could be tested today but get it tomorrow. Perhaps the delivery drivers feel well? Aren't they supposed to leave it by the door not physically hand it over and come into close contact with you? I don't know.
Iceland staff weren't too bothered about it yesterday, none of them had masks or gloves and were right close up to people helping them, one customer was deciding what butter she wanted, no glove, picking one pack up putting it back then went to an assistant who touched it and said yes that's the one you want, they were 6 inchs apart from each other. It all seems wrong now, no mask, no gloves etc etc

It’s possible to carry the virus without feeling any ill effects.
That is what makes testing so vital and why Germany is managing the pandemic better than other European nations.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby AnnetteD » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Superduper, everyone uses hand sanitizer and wears gloves in the supermarkets so nobody comes into direct contact with the card readers.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby jpeg » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:24 am

AnnetteD wrote:Superduper, everyone uses hand sanitizer and wears gloves in the supermarkets so nobody comes into direct contact with the card readers.

of course the do ,when you put your card into a reader don't forget another card has been there before you also you have to key in a PIN number so you touch the keypad and what about everytime someone opens the freezers and chill cabinets
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:09 am

and whos picked the apples n oranges,tomatoes etc, cant see morroc fruit pickers wearing gloves,and washing there hands after scratching there nose/arse while picking fruit and veg etc in the big polytunnels down Murcia way
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Ian2009 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 am

Steve4878 wrote:Some people are never happy. The reality is that its impossible to restrict and test everyone, whilst at least trying to keep some services running. Next they will be questioning if delivery drivers have been tested daily and have someone making sure they wash their hands.
The point is, is that efforts are being made to get food out and delivered to reduce the amount the majority need to go out, thus trying to provide a service.
If you have concerns, don't have anything delivered! Likewise because drivers, warehouse staff and shelf stackers cant be monitored 24/7, don't buy anything either.. starve!
I think we need to live in a real world and accept a reduced amount of risk to make this lockdown work and not keep trying to pick holes in the efforts.

:text-goodpost:
Ian2009

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dońa Pepa

Postby AnnetteD » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:18 am

jpeg wrote:
AnnetteD wrote:Superduper, everyone uses hand sanitizer and wears gloves in the supermarkets so nobody comes into direct contact with the card readers.

of course the do ,when you put your card into a reader don't forget another card has been there before you also you have to key in a PIN number so you touch the keypad and what about everytime someone opens the freezers and chill cabinets

I don’t put my card in the reader, I hold it above and it reads it. Yes you have to touch the keypad if over a certain amount but you have gloves on, likewise opening cabinets, everyone has gloves on.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion