Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have workers been checked for virus

Have workers been checked for virus

Postby -BLUE- » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am

Have staff members been tested in businesses providing deliveries and fresh food against the virus or could they just be spreading it?
-BLUE-

Which part of Spain are you from?: Montebello

Re: Have workers been checked for virus

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 am

have you been tested?,you could be giving it to the delivery driver,or where ever you shop, who knows?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby -BLUE- » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:17 am

I havent but that wasnt the question. Im not in a position to handle fresh food. We should limit and contain the virus. Even now you have to use gel and wear glover to go to eg Lidl
-BLUE-

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:46 am

I don't really see the point of being tested if you feel well, you could be tested today but get it tomorrow. Perhaps the delivery drivers feel well? Aren't they supposed to leave it by the door not physically hand it over and come into close contact with you? I don't know.
Iceland staff weren't too bothered about it yesterday, none of them had masks or gloves and were right close up to people helping them, one customer was deciding what butter she wanted, no glove, picking one pack up putting it back then went to an assistant who touched it and said yes that's the one you want, they were 6 inchs apart from each other. It all seems wrong now, no mask, no gloves etc etc
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby -BLUE- » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:44 am

Most if not all food is covered with some sort of protection. That's why I asked about fresh food. Also money changing hands the virus can live on paper for 2 days
-BLUE-

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 pm

That's why suprmarkets are asking you use cards and not cash
Chrisdee

Postby Superduper » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Chrisdee wrote:That's why suprmarkets are asking you use cards and not cash

Really? I have not seen that.

And i suppose they disinfect the chip and pin key pad between each use right?
Superduper

Postby Steve4878 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Some people are never happy. The reality is that its impossible to restrict and test everyone, whilst at least trying to keep some services running. Next they will be questioning if delivery drivers have been tested daily and have someone making sure they wash their hands.
The point is, is that efforts are being made to get food out and delivered to reduce the amount the majority need to go out, thus trying to provide a service.
If you have concerns, don't have anything delivered! Likewise because drivers, warehouse staff and shelf stackers cant be monitored 24/7, don't buy anything either.. starve!
I think we need to live in a real world and accept a reduced amount of risk to make this lockdown work and not keep trying to pick holes in the efforts.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm

You best sign up to a bit more social media, you do get the information off there and of course on here, it's been mentioned about the no cash they prefer cards a few times on here. As for wiping the chip and pin keypad, have some responsibility yourself! You'll be expecting them to wipe your bottom next.

Superduper wrote:

Chrisdee

Postby Superduper » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Chrisdee wrote:You best sign up to a bit more social media, you do get the information off there and of course on here, it's been mentioned about the no cash they prefer cards a few times on here. As for wiping the chip and pin keypad, have some responsibility yourself! You'll be expecting them to wipe your bottom next.

Superduper wrote:

My point is that using cards will do absolutely sod all to the transmission rate. Why? Because people come into contact with everything all the time. Ok you can get rid of using cash but you can't go and wipe every single item on the shelf in case someone with coronavirus touched it. Likewise who is going to wipe the terminal between each use? If your going to ban cash then ban food on the shelves as well just in case. It's complete illogical none sense. Just like this virus and the responses put in place to contain it. 500,000+ die each year of the flu worldwide. Any one give a toss about that? No extreme measures there. Yet we have what 7000 deaths (if that) so far this year from coronavirus, and the whole worlds under next to Marshall law lock down.

And this one person in a car only BS is another thing. So one guy goes to the shop, buys a bunch of stuff, goes home to his wife, who then gets the virus from him anyway. Sorry it does not make any sense what so ever.
Last edited by Superduper on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superduper

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion