Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Supermarkets supply

Re: Supermarkets supply

Postby Ritchtee » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:36 am

It’s calmer now than it normally is
You’ll be asked to wait outside they’ll disinfect you and ample supplies

This whole panic is ridiculous

I bought pasta, rice, cans etc last Friday out of sheer panic and haven’t touched them yet
Ritchtee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby earlybay » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 am

Big queues in supermarkets this morning.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Jonnno » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:36 am

Busier at Mercadona today but usually is after a red day
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Dave c » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Sorry ritchtee but it is people doing what you have done which is causing all the problems.
It is even worse in the UK.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Dave c wrote:Sorry ritchtee but it is people doing what you have done which is causing all the problems.
It is even worse in the UK.

Aww that’s a bit harsh. Buying a pack of rice and pasta doesn’t make him the cause of this problem. It’s the people who are buying in bulk.

I can’t get my favourite wine at the moment, each time I’ve been the shelves are empty. I’ll just have to have gin instead
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:43 pm

I've just got back, had to queue for about 10 mins to get in, they had pratically everything, lots of fresh meat bit thin on the dairy chillers but if desperate there were things there. It's the queues waiting to pay that seem to take ages, they are a lot slower now they have to weigh things. I suppose all in all, 40 mins just to get a few things (6).

Jonnno wrote:Busier at Mercadona today but usually is after a red day
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulr » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi DJW, not sure which part of Rojales you're in, but I shopped this morning at the Consum on the Rojales/Benijofar border. I got there just before it opened at 10am and the queue was along to the BP petrol station, but it was strung out because shoppers have to keep a 1.5m distance between each other. As soon as the shop opened, it moved quite quickly because they let 40 people in at a time. Then it's a case of one out, another one in. They give you hand sanitizer before you're allowed to shop. The shelves were well-stocked and I was able to get the things I needed. Good luck! Paul
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby TonTri » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Black wrote:I went to Lidl yesterday, it was well stocked and significantly quieter than normal. The shelves looked full but the freezer cabinets were fairly empty. Maybe people are stocking up on frozen goods in case of a long isolation.

In the UK at the moment you can't buy a freezer as they've sold out!! My grandson wanted one and everywhere he tried had none. Talk about panic buying
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Superduper » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:34 pm

I went to both Lidl and consum. Lidl had lots of fruit and veg but next to no meat, especially chicken, and consum had very little in the way of fresh veg. Both were quiet.
Superduper

Postby djw » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 am

Thank you for the replies, I ventured out at around 3.30 to consum benimar as it is nearest and I got what I needed fresh milk too although there were only about 10 bottles left at that time. There were only a few people there so no queues and everyone kept to the correct distance. No panic buying but I did notice people were probably buying more than usual maybe to prevent them coming out so often. Stay safe.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

PreviousNext