Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Supermarkets supply

Supermarkets supply

Postby djw » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Sorry if this should be in another topic but are the supermarkets still undergoing panic buying thus depleting stocks or have people settled down? I am going to require some items soon but are dreading going out only to find empty shelves. I am thinking that late afternoon might be better to shop but advice will be welcomed.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Re: Supermarkets supply

Postby marcliff » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Shops in Spain get resupplied mainly at night time. Usually just the fresh fruit and veg that come in during the day.
Whilst panic buying appears to have eased off, when we've been shopping in the afternoon the shelves are pretty empty.
Went to Mercadona yesterday at just after 9:30 and it was fine.

(When I said "we" I meant "I" naturally).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby djw » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Thank you for the reply.
djw

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

I went to Mercadona yesterday at 3,30 and there was lots of fresh fruit and veg and plenty of fresh meat plus toilet rolls. Don't know if they are filling the shelves little and often to spread it out but it was fine. You may not get everything you want but you definitely won't go hungry.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Red Rock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Unfortunately Mercadona is nowhere near being my nearest Supermarket otherwise I would try it tomorrow
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Anniep » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 pm

I’m totally confused as I’ve read conflicting statements about using the supermarket, who has said it has to be the nearest one? Can some one tell me where in the decree it says that? I’m not saying it’s not true but neither am I saying it is, I’ve got friends in Mar Azul that drive through Torre to visit Iceland, obviously not their nearest , ,
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 pm

I would think if you normally shop at Mercadona then go to Mercadona regardless if there's another supermarket nearer to you, but then I'm not a policeman
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby A.N.Other » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 pm

With virtually all eating establishments closed surely there must be a veritable mountain of food stuffs sitting in trade warehouses of which the perishable portions at least ought to be released to supplement shop supplies.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby djw » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Ok before this post leads in other directions I just wanted to know if supply was ok and panic buying had decreased. By the sounds of it people have settled down a bit which is great. Shame it hasn't reached that far in the uk yet. Thank you for your replies. Stay safe.
djw

Postby Black » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:39 pm

I went to Lidl yesterday, it was well stocked and significantly quieter than normal. The shelves looked full but the freezer cabinets were fairly empty. Maybe people are stocking up on frozen goods in case of a long isolation.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Next