Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Gloves & face masks in UK

Re: Gloves & face masks in UK

Postby mondo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

I see in the papers that doctors are thinking of going on strike in the UK because they don't have the proper protective equipment..

Now they are asking for 250,000 volunteers... what about PPE for them?

What a crazy situation...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby anthomo16 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 am

1) I saw an interview on ch4 news last night that the person said that the only people who should wear masks are those who are infected!!!!
2) you can and should sanitize anything that you buy as many other people have touched that product without gloves. you can wash fruit and veg including salad in soapy water then dip into a bucket of cold water then dry in a colander.
3) many masks are useless? well better than not wearing one surely?
My take OK?
anthomo16

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby Overdale » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am

Hi, you cant get face masks in the UK, all face masks are been prioritised for the health services, I ordered some two months ago and I am being told it will be at least August before they might be available
Overdale

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby hobnob » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:32 am

Hi All...just been watching the news from the UK...Talk about managing a terrible situation by "rolling the dice"...put simply the Government is just not governing...The Mayor of London said during an interview that at a COBRA meeting he requested that construction sites in London be shut down...he also stated that Tube services were struggling but would be continued as best they could as an essential service for emergency workers etc...Now it seems that people who do not need to be at work ...construction amoung them are riding the tube to work...making a terrible situation worse. Incidently he (Khan) said his request was turned down in favour of letting Construction bosses decide what would and what would not remain in progress. Meanwhile in Scotland it seems has or is closing construction. I accept that in some cases safety work may have to be carried out to make a site safe to close so to speak...but really come on Government ...Govern and if you cannot move aside because time is not on your side. For me I strongly believe the Herd theory is alive and well under Johnson and Cummings. Please stay safe all of you my forum colleagues...
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Tonygood » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:47 am

That Chrisdee seems to know something about every post on here but always comes out with the wrong information
Tonygood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby hobnob » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:50 am

hi...Tonygood if you cannot say something constructive or something that helps or informs...then just please do not comment on this mostly helpful and constructive forum.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Ginger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm

So you have 250,000 more people going round the streets. Doesn’t make sense.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Calledali » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 pm

GLOVES AND FACEMASKS, WHAT ARE THEY? CANNOT BUY THEM ANYWHERE, AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO BUY HAND GEL, DETTOL SURFACE SPRAY, SURFACE WIPES, LIQUID SOAP SINCE THIS THING REALLY HIT 4 WEEKS AGO.
ADVICE WE ARE RECEIVING IS A JOKE, GO FOR A WALK THEY SAY, WHICH I DID THIS MORNING, DROVE TO AN ALMOST DESERTED BEACH 5 MINS FROM HOME MAXIMUM OF 12 PEOPLE AND SIX DOGS, LOVELY FRESH AIR WITH NO ONE NEAR. POLICE CLOSED THE CAR PAARK THIS AFTERNOON. YET THEY ALLOW UNNECESSARY BUILDERS TO WORK NORMALLY IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO EACH OTHER.
CURRENT ACTIONS ARE TOO LATE, THEY SHOULD HAVE CLOSED ALL BORDERS 6 WEEKS AGO, ALL AIRPORTS AND ALL FERRIES, AND ESPECIALLY THE CHANNEL TUNNEL. ANY UK CITIZEN RETURNING FROM ABROAD ON ORGANISED TRANSPORT SHOULD HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED FOR A MONTH, NO QUESTIONS, IF THEY WANTED TO RETURN TO BLIGHTY, THAT IS TOTALLY CONDITIONAL OF QUARANTINE. I AM NOT A POLITICAL PERSON, BUT WE ARE PAYING HEAVILY FOR YEARS OF AUSTERITY AND A DECIMATED NHS.
I MAY SOUND UPSET, AND I AM BECAUSE I CANNOT VISIT MY HOUSE IN SPAIN FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

WRITTEN FROM A VERY WARM AND SUNNY NORTHUMBERLAND (at least it was during daylight0
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Give it a rest Tonygold!!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulr » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 am

There's a worldwide shortage of face masks and unless you are caring for someone suspected to have Covid-19, or have a cough and believe you may have contracted the disease, it is not recommended to use them. This extract from the UK's medical journal, The Lancet, explains:

"We compared face mask use recommendations by different health authorities. Despite the consistency in the recommendation that only symptomatic individuals and those in healthcare settings should use face masks, discrepancies were observed in the general public and community settings.

"For example, the US Surgeon General advised against buying masks for use by healthy people. One important reason to discourage widespread use of face masks is to preserve limited supplies for professional use in health-care settings. Universal face mask use in the community has also been discouraged with the argument that face masks provide no effective protection against coronavirus infection."
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Previous